New Diver from SF Bay Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone!

It's great to finally join ScubaBoard! I have so far done 22 dives, mostly in Monterey, and I just got my Dry Suit course done last weekend, and I am so excited to be warm in the water!

Prior to getting my Open Water Certification in June of 2013, I didn't realize how awesome this sport was! I feel like I "caught the bug", as I have heard some people say. I am a school nurse, and in my spare time I try to hit the water as much as possible, or read up on dive magazines like Dive Training and DAN's Alert Diver, so I can learn more regarding what this sport has to offer and general info on safety.

Although I have never dove in the tropics, I am engaged, and my fiance and I are considering places to go for our honeymoon. Maybe Mexico, or Belize?

Hope to meet some new people and learn something new! Cheers!!

Welcome to the board!

Like Oren (Fisheater) said, look into the North Coast Divers club. They are a great local club.
Northern California has some great diving.

Thanks so much! I dove at Gerstle Cover before, and had a blast! I like to abalone dive too...I used to do it as a kid, but now that I am back to diving again now, I thought I would try it out again this season.

I just left the Bay Area where I became a dry suit diver. Hard to believe Monterey is so COLD ! From the Bay Area I recommend heading to the Big Island on Hawaii and do some warm water diving with Jacks Scuba Locker. Don't miss the night dive with the Giant Manta rays. You won't be disappointed.

For the Caribbean honeymoon I recommend St Kitts or Bahamas. Good diving in both locations. Key West is a fun trip too !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spent three months in Monterrey and Pacific Grove a hundred years ago while I was in language school. Loved the area.

Back
Top Bottom