New Diver Paranoia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with what everyone else has said. It's probably just that you're a new diver and not used to all the exertion. Definitely stayed hydrated. I'd also suggest you make sure your mask isn't too tight, and try not to bite so hard on the regulator mouthpiece. And relax! You're on vacation, after all.
Thanks, I have stopped biting on to my reg like my life is depending on it and I can breathe easier now as well!

Regarding your post dive dizziness and numbness. Just as a precaution you should check your blood pressure (inexpensive portable device) when the symptoms are occurring or when you expect them to occur and compare them with your normal readings. If possible have SATs test both normal and immediately post dive should also be carried out.

Hi everyone, thanls for the replies! I thought i would give everyone an update.

I felt worse and worse and the morning of my final dive I spoke to the head if the diving centre and cancelled my dive. He wasn't sure what it was but put me on an hour of oxygen with the onsite Dr. I then had another round that evening as I was flying home the next day. Shecsaud if I didn't feel better they would need to transfer me to a chamber. I really didn't feel better but I'm sure wrongly flew home the next day.

I did not mention I was in Sri Lanka the week before and had been bitten by a few mosquitos...to make a long story short I had mild chikunguya which has the same symptoms of DCI i found out on my return.

So I was sick..just not from the diving...I did manage to get my advanced open water and Nitrox so I look forward to diving without a tropical disease!

Reactions: vam

Back
Top Bottom