New from PA--any advice re Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elise

Reaction score
I'm new from PA--have dived in Key West, USVI, Grenada and St. Lucia (my favorite so far!)--

My husband and I both dive and my kids are water dogs--we would like to go to Roatan in April--any advice on a good resort?

We would like a place that is friendly to kids (and hopefully has some program for them while we dive) and I would really like excellent shore snorkeling (a must with me and my daughter)--

Looking at Anthony's Key Resort and Bay Island Beach Resort (which seems to get mixed reviews) and Luna--but open to any ideas/advice--

We absoluteluy loved diving at Anse Chastanet and the Jalousie in St. Lucia but wanted to try Roatan with the kids--thanks for any help. Elise.

Welcome to the board!
I have only dived at Roatan on a live aboard so I can't help with your request. If you enjoyed the diving in St.Lucia you will really love Roatan. In my opinion the diving is much better in Roatan then St. Lucia, Utila is even better. And there aren't near as many steps!

Joe

Welcomr to the SB

I was at Roatan in October and will be going back in April. We lost a few days of diving due to Hurricane Wilma. I stayed at CoCoView resort. It is a great place, all inclusive and on it's own little cay.

The diving in Roatan is great. There's lots of black coral and a huge variety of fish. CCV is not kid friendly, but I hear AKR is.

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. Please, do add a Profile Pic. If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

Any questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by GreetBot R/2

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Advice for Roatan? Check the CDC web site, then go often. :thumb:

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-010.gif

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Definately! You will LOVE Roatan. CoCo View is for diving and there is not a lot for the kids. AKR will have a LOT more for the kids, they even have a kids program. Fantasy Island also has a kids program and is child friendly. You should check the resorts and inquire with each as things change all the time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom