New from PA--any advice re Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just signed up to go to Anthony's for the 4th time. The rooms are nice, just get the ones with the AC. We do not have kids, but some of the people we were with last year brought their children, and they had a ball. Shore diving, dolphin training, snorkeling, and a pool kept the kids happy. Food was good too. Best thing was the diving. Eerything is a 5 minute boat ride away. Boats are nice, and the DM's were good as well.

We did get to Fantasy Island a few years ago. The hotel grounds are very cool. We did not dive there, and I do not know what the kids programs are, but Anthonys has the grass shack over the water flavor vs. Fantasy Island has the 2 story hotel feel.

:hmmm:
We did get to Fantasy Island a few years ago. The hotel grounds are very cool. We did not dive there, and I do not know what the kids programs are, but Anthonys has the grass shack over the water flavor vs. Fantasy Island has the 2 story hotel feel.
One of the things I like about Fantasy Island is no kids - or I've never seen any there. I like kids a lot, but not on my dive trips.

Anthonys is your best choice for families, I'm sure. :thumb:

We went last year to AKR and are going back in May. One in our group brought her 8 y/o son, who had a great time. There weren't a lot of kids, but the ones we saw in the dolphin program appeared to be having fun.

We were also pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. I had read a few posts about so-so food, but everything we had was good to very good.

I'm just finishing up my week at Anthonys Key. Amazing place. We looked at the other resorts, no comparison. This place is by far the nicest here.

Al Mialkovsky:
I'm just finishing up my week at Anthonys Key. Amazing place. We looked at the other resorts, no comparison. This place is by far the nicest here.

Which other resorts have you stayed at/looked at on Roatan?

Elise:
I'm new from PA--have dived in Key West, USVI, Grenada and St. Lucia (my favorite so far!)--

My husband and I both dive and my kids are water dogs--we would like to go to Roatan in April--any advice on a good resort?

We would like a place that is friendly to kids (and hopefully has some program for them while we dive) and I would really like excellent shore snorkeling (a must with me and my daughter)--

Looking at Anthony's Key Resort and Bay Island Beach Resort (which seems to get mixed reviews) and Luna--but open to any ideas/advice--

We absoluteluy loved diving at Anse Chastanet and the Jalousie in St. Lucia but wanted to try Roatan with the kids--thanks for any help. Elise.

For you and yours......AKR...Don't think twice. Good diving, family friendly, less intense dive wise.

regards,

Back
Top Bottom