New gear purchase survey 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings fellow divers it has been a busy year already.
a. A set of Worthington LP 77's for S/M and single tank use.
B. A set of HP PST 100's manifolded killer deal from a friend! Awesome tanks.
c. A Apeks DS4 XTX50 for S/M I have a set for back mount that I love already.
d. A Atomic Z regs for S/M Recommended by a friend so I will test them out.
e. 100 Rochester Medical wide band Caths You can never have enough!
f. Many hoses, snaps, tank bands, stage kits.

The yet to be purchased in 2010 list;
a. Light Monkey "Salvo" HID
b. Light Monkey reels I have yet to find a better reel and I have tried quite a few.
c. Set of Faber LP 85's for S/M I have test driven these tanks and they are awesome!
d. Dive Rite Nomad XT or Oxycheq Recon Both BC'S are top of the line!
e. Intova LED's I already have 2 and going to buy 4 more! Love this little light!

Only God knows what else if I can finagle it I will own a scooter some time this winter I hope. As many will know this list is pretty expensive while saving money to continue cave training in Florida but what the heck! If you never aim high, you may never get a shot off! I admit I am a gear addict and second only to diving which has become my mistress. Just do not tell my wife!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....Keep learning!

- Used Seaquest BCD for pool work
- Aqualung Calypso Reg set for pool and as reg set for my son
- Pee-valve for the drysuit. (Man, I have felt so much less pressure on my dives this year!)

To add to the list i had already:

1 AL 80
Hollis F1 fins
and in about a week 1 HP 120

2 HP 119
1 AL 40
1 Canister light

That is it I think.

Just bought an Aqua Lung Mikron reg, my 'big' purchase for the year. Picked it up from the dive shop on Tuesday and will be testing it out tonight in the apartment complex pool, whoo!

Next dive-related spending on the agenda for the year? Rescue Course this summer and perhaps a 5mil wetsuit for the winter.

Seems I make a large scuba purchase every year. This year, I've got the green light to buy a regulator set, so I'm currently in the middle of research and negotiations for the various parts.

Right now, leaning towards the newer HOG regulators. Need to talk to my LDS and see what can be negoatiated. Will also be buying a brass SPG and telling the wife it's all part of the package (I mean, it ultimately is all hooked up together, innit?) :wink:

Oceanic VT3 Dive computer and finger spool/SMB for rescue class. Just got a killer deal in Seattle on a Worthington HP119 with pro valve at $339.

Last edited:
I'm still extremely new, but my finace and I are finishing our open water course this weekend at Devils Den :)

So far we have spent a TON! I never would have fathomed the costs...
~2 sets of study materials
~2 Classes
~2 Check Out Dive Trips
~3 Masks (US Divers, Body Glove, and something else I don't remember)
~2 snorkels (US Divers and Body Glove)
~2 sets of fins (US Divers and Body Glove)
~40#s of lead weight, soft and hard
~2 Slap Straps
~Defog
~Some scrub stuff to help get the film off the masks, toothpaste was not working...

I think that's it.

I bought my Body Glove mask/fin/snorkel combo off ebay because I liked the color and how the fins looked (LOL). He bought his US Fivers mask/fin/snorkel combo at Target for $2.00 (hence why he bought them) but later decided the mask didn't fit right so he bought a new one at LDS (the one I don't remember the brand). Basically everything we bought was because we needed it for the class except the extras like defog, scrub, and slap straps.

Hopefully we will be able to afford more before the year is up :)

Do those $2 snorkeling masks work for shallowish (<60') diving okay? I'd like a backup but I'm low on funds.

Jeez this scuba diving is getting expensive! :shocked2: But so much fun :D

Add on:

1 Atomic sub frame mask - recommended as a better fit and hopefully will fix mask leak

Also just ordered 2 sets of the following from Dive Right in Scuba, 1 set each for me and the wife:

Complete HOG D1 cold reg sets (1st and 2nd stages) with full miflex DIR length hoses
UEMIS Zurich SDA computers with Transmitters
UK SL3 eLED lights for backups
HOG Reg rebuild kits
Trim weight pockets
Bunch of small stuff like bolt snaps, caveline, tri-glides etc.

Almost finished shopping now, just 1 more order to go!

:shocked2: More stuff!

Scratch the UK SL3 lights - back ordered indefinitely due to quality issues.

Add to list:

2 x HOG DSMB's
2 x Hollis 30m spool's
1 new set of booties - size "BigFoot"
1 new folding pocket snorkel for the wife.
2 x Diverite bellows pockets
2 x 2" Brass and glass SPG's
2 x DIN to Yoke adaptors (damn that liveabord boat and it's K valves only!)

:confused: Will this ever end?????????? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom