New gear purchase survey 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A new Nikon/Ikelite camera w/housing.....and that's it so far. Oh, and 2 airline tickets to Cozumel in September!!!

Hi Meggie, you definetly can't beat free parts for five years but where did you get the info that Mares doesn't honor warranties for online purchases? Leisure Pro is an authorized Mares dealer and the warranty should be honored at all Mares distributors.

Adam

Hi Adam

Sorry for the delay in responding - work's been crazy which means I've had to choose between diving once a week, and posting about diving - guess which one I picked :D.

The situation may be different here in Australia - Cape Byron Imports, which distributes Mares here, have a disclaimer on their site which says they won't honour warranty on items bought over the internet from overseas, and I had this confirmed by someone who used to work there. Otherwise, I would definitely have gone for your excellent She Dives package - it was just the thought of having to ship it to the US for service which disuaded me.

Also, just a friendly suggestion from a potential customer - it would be fantastic if you could state prices online for metric as well as imperial guages - I absolutely understand that these will cost more due to lower demand, however when I inquired via the site I was told to call customer service, and the time difference between here and there meant I couldn't find a convenient time (plus the cost of a Sydney/NY call).

Just a thought. Congratulations on a fantastic site and the best range I've ever seen, online or off. Wish we had a Leisure Pro in Australia!

All the best
M

Hey M,

Cape Byron Imports have been dropped by Mares who will be doing there own stuff in Australia shortly, setting up in Brisbane from what I hear.

Leisure pro have been great to deal with for me in the past. Time zones are a killer and an early (OZ) morning call but with a calling card meaning a phonecall costs 1c a min to the USA just ring them if you have questions or concerns - I have and all my questions were answered......

Might be worth calling Mares Australia in a few weeks to check support as well.

Besides even if you had to ship something back its not that expensive and the savings over buying here are HUGE!!!

Good luck which ever way you decide to go! :D

Just ordered an "Ultimate Hogarthian Harness" plus the bits and bobs necessary to add a break on the left side and replace the "missing " D ring. This was cheaper than buying the individual components for the rig I like!

however when I inquired via the site I was told to call customer service, and the time difference between here and there meant I couldn't find a convenient time (plus the cost of a Sydney/NY call).

Time zones are a killer and an early (OZ) morning call but with a calling card meaning a phonecall costs 1c a min to the USA just ring them if you have questions or concerns - I have and all my questions were answered......

Who needs to call when you have me here! :dork2:

Some of the gauges are metric!

If you have any specific questions feel free to drop me a line!

Adam

I bought a steel HP 119 and a DUI weight harness. I got the steel HP 119 because I wanted it, and the weight harness because I want to take weight off the BC.

I plan on getting another steel HP 119, a new mask, and some new gloves.

Ron

I'm writing this now that my wife is sleep, so she can't read it :D

First Dive Rite transplate with steel plate and a wreck wing (doubles here we go!)
Canon housing for my G11
Sea&sea D27x strobe
Bare 1mm wet suit (fell in love with it)
Pelican case for my strobe and housing
Jet fins (hope they arrive next week)
XS scuba mesh bag

and more important...2 tickets to cancun in Septiember

No the spending never ends.

For wife: New U/W camera (Olympus e-pl1 with housing, strobe, and tray), new computer to go with it.

For me: JVC-FM1 video camera, housing, and light.

Nothing else I can think of at the moment.

So I went in to the dive shop last week for fills for 2 AL80's. I walked out $9000 or so poorer. I bought a week of liveaboard for my wife and I in the Galapogos and I haven't even bought the plane tickets to S. America yet.

I'm not sure exactly what the kids are going to be eating for the next six months or so. I hope they like crackers and water. That one box of crackers is gonna have to last them a while.

Back
Top Bottom