new Georgia Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got on the volunteer list to work in the aquarium . . .:D

My sister who lives in Atlanta is sending me several print articles on the Aquarium. She wants me to visit so I can go there with her and my niece and nephew who dive. I took my nephew to the aquarium in Long Beach when he came out to visit a few years ago.

Hey K, we should get all the loonies together for a field trip to the new aquarium.

Ha I am very involved in the Atlanta dive industry, to dive the aquirium you must be an instructor or dm, and pay $500 to volunteer and go on the cleaning schedule to dive and clean the glass/rocks they originally wanted the divers to also volunteer a 100 hours in a non diving manner, handing out brochures etc.

diver85:
Ha I am very involved in the Atlanta dive industry, to dive the aquirium you must be an instructor or dm, and pay $500 to volunteer and go on the cleaning schedule to dive and clean the glass/rocks they originally wanted the divers to also volunteer a 100 hours in a non diving manner, handing out brochures etc.

I can't see how being a DM or instructor makes you a "better underwater rock cleaner".

alcina:
For those who are interested, those two whale sharks they are so proud of aren't really meant to be in a tank...a search should pull some threads and a web search should find some information on the relatively shady way they were acquired and the existing data on whale sharks in captivity.

Call me barbaric, but 2 whale sharks in captivity educating people are a worthy sacrifice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom