New Gizmo, Valve Knob Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! What a great, brilliant, superb, amazing invention!! (oh, and in case I forgot, my zip is 99206). :D

I have actually had a valve knob come off during a dive. It was on a deco bottle during a class, at 70', and when I went to turn on my stage, the knob was missing! The instructor used his knife to take his deco bottle valve knob off (once he went onto the bottle), and screw it onto mine.

The next day my buddy actually found the knob and spring laying on the bottom at 150'.

Tobin, you should really consider doing this kinda of thing for a living. All you would need is a good maching shop, a water-jet, a few other things and you could design and build scuba equipment.

OK, nevermind, dumb idea.

:wink:

Well, would you look at that. Another tool I always knew I needed but never knew what it was. :biggrin:

Now, if only I can remember to keep a look out for when I can actually buy a "valve knob key".

I got mine today and must say it is perfect. Small enough for any save a dive kit or even to use as a key fob. Wide handle area will give plenty of leverage to tighten or loosen.

Thanks again Tobin!

I got mine today and must say it is perfect. Small enough for any save a dive kit or even to use as a key fob. Wide handle area will give plenty of leverage to tighten or loosen.

Thanks again Tobin!

Glad to hear the USPS delivered the goods. Thanks for letting me know.

Tobin

I'll buy one. I hadn't even considered my knob falling off.

Are you going to be selling these or are you just teasing us?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom