New Gizmo, Valve Knob Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! Hadn't been to the new DSS web site...nice! $5 for a new toy, gotta have one you know. :D

WOW! Hadn't been to the new DSS web site...nice! $5 for a new toy, gotta have one you know. :D
One? I ordered two.

(They'll go well with the DSS Hose Hats I'm always tossing around.)

I think Michael is stalking poor Tobin...:stalker:

Naaa, I just like to help and support gear that I feel is the best around.

Ohh brb... I see Tobin leaving.......

Michael

One? I ordered two.

(They'll go well with the DSS Hose Hats I'm always tossing around.)

Tossing around hose hats!! Use those things, Tobin will make more. BTW, I love mine.

Tossing around hose hats!! Use those things, Tobin will make more. BTW, I love mine.
I have them on all my inflator hoses (except the drysuit hose, which has a really nice machined metal flange). I toss them to buddies and sometimes random divers I meet on the boats.

(Sadly, they don't fit on the mega-sized inflatopus integrated doohickeys, but hey, that's the price they pay for diving those. :biggrin:)

OK, I got mine. On Sunday (after setting our stages in the water) I went around to my two buddies and checked and tightened their valve nuts (doubles and argon bottles, so a total of 9 valves). Half of our valve nuts were loose! I didn't check our stages (2 stages each) because there were already in the water when I though of it. And sure enough (wouldn't you know it), I came up from the dive missing a knob on one of my stages!

Nice little tool, Tobin. Thanks so much. It will be a standard part of my pre-dive check for now on to check the valve nuts on my kit.

Nice little tool, Tobin. Thanks so much. It will be a standard part of my pre-dive check for now on to check the valve nuts on my kit.

haha I won't go there...

Michael

I heard ClayJar was ordering 12 of these and sending them to his fellow SB'ers. :D

Back
Top Bottom