New Halcyon Fin (wtf?!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that for real? Imagine trying to carry that on through TSA and I got harassed for having a single Allen key for my Nauticam. The tubes could be a good place to hide your stash though if O-ring sealed. The whole thing looks like an entanglement hazard with those odd extensions.
It’s not real, but it is entertaining.

I picked them up and looked at them at DEMA last week. They were completely rigid, kind of baffled me. Maybe it was a mock up?

You mean like unusable rigid like a solid plastic mach up?
There were rigid molds showed tô take an idea about how the foot pocket was measured (floor photo)

The fin itself (hanging photo) was about the same stifness as an OMS Slipstream, with a clearly wide channel at the center

It was sayed that they will be available around late march for testing at the Churc... err, extreme exposure

Attachments

• 20231116_110637.jpg
    20231116_110637.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 20231116_110634.jpg
    20231116_110634.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 154
There were rigid molds showed tô take an idea about how the foot pocket was measured (floor photo)

The fin itself (hanging photo) was about the same stifness as an OMS Slipstream, with a clearly wide channel at the center

It was sayed that they will be available around late march for testing at the Churc... err, extreme exposure
They look to me like a fin that is optimized for tight environments like caves or wrecks where excessive foot movement could be detrimental or even hazardous. The bulk and width close to the foot pocket tells me this. I think they are optimized for feet up stuff with minimal movement.
For standard from-the-hip alternate fin kicks they are probably like using two pieces of plywood. But that's not how they dive, so it’s probably a very specific design for sculling, modified frog, heli turn, backing up, etc.

Fundie Fins?

Wonder if the sides catch in tight environments? Thinking fishing line and the like.

Hmm maybe y'all armchair quarterbacks should just wait for an official product release that says what the scoop is, before complaining about you-don't-even-know-what-yet! 😂

Not like you can just improv JetFins with bungee to make functional strap either, depending on the failure mode.
What fun would that be?

Back
Top Bottom