New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Aeris Atmos 2 is a different class of dive computer. It's not compatible with the Oceanic Atom 2 protocol. It is compatible with the Oceanic VT Pro protocol, but I think that's not (yet) supported in the current version of MacDive.

libdivecomputer says it supports the VTPro...

Oceanic, Aeris, Sherwood, Hollis and Genesis (Pelagic)

* VT Pro, Versa Pro, Pro Plus 2, Wisdom
* Veo 250, Veo 180Nx
* Atom 2, VT3, Geo, Datamask

libdivecomputer says it supports the VTPro...

And it does, but MacDive does not.

Libdivecomputer (primarily) only handles the communication from the device, not decoding of the memory. So even though the lib does indeed support the VT Pro, MacDive does not (yet).

Adding support, which basically just involves decoding the memory, is on my list of things to do but unfortunately there are more than a few other things ahead of it.

I'll get there, you just have to be a little patient :)

I've been using the iPhone App 'Dive Log', and they provide a workaround to get dives from MacDive into their app. But it's kind of a hacky import and not an ideal solution, and I was wondering if you have considered working with them to to create a more seamless solution, or creating your own iPhone app?

And it does, but MacDive does not.

Libdivecomputer (primarily) only handles the communication from the device, not decoding of the memory. So even though the lib does indeed support the VT Pro, MacDive does not (yet).

Adding support, which basically just involves decoding the memory, is on my list of things to do but unfortunately there are more than a few other things ahead of it.

I'll get there, you just have to be a little patient :)

Not a problem! Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Just wanted to check in and make sure I wasn't missing something about how to operate it, rather than just deciding that it's not working :)

Not a problem! Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Just wanted to check in and make sure I wasn't missing something about how to operate it, rather than just deciding that it's not working :)

Thanks to TnT and a weekend of sitting at my laptop, almost all of these pelagic models are now supported in my development version - there are a few rough edges, but the next version will support them all. That covers the oceanic pro plus 2, versa pro, vt pro, Veo 180nx, 200, 250, the atmos AI, the atmos 2, atmos elite, and the xr-2, plus a few other models.

TravisD - if you have an Atmos2, can you please email me ? I still need some things from that particular model. In fact, for anyone reading, if you have one of these models and don't mind helping out, please drop me a mail. The more test data the better!

Paco - yes, iPhone syncing will come eventually.

So.. does anybody at all have an Oceanic OC1 ?

If you do, please send me a mail/PM - would love to get some sample data from one of these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom