New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just it looks like there are a fwe things still missing, I'll keep an eye out for updates :)

Such as ? Hard to add features if you won't tell me what you're after!

Also, as an FYI to all - I'm actually in the middle of completely revamping the entire application, so updates have been very very slow. I'm thinking I may have to do an interim small-ish update to address a few things, but I'm trying to avoid doing too much so I can concentrate on the new one. So bear with me..

Hey t0w!
I just did a fresh install of Snow Leopard. Before doing so I made a full backup of my system. I now need to get my MacDive data off my backup. What files/folders do I need to move from and then to where? Im assuming Ill need to find all the pictures myself. Thats fine, just need to get my dive date safely and in order. Thank you!

Hey t0w!
I just did a fresh install of Snow Leopard. Before doing so I made a full backup of my system. I now need to get my MacDive data off my backup. What files/folders do I need to move from and then to where? Im assuming Ill need to find all the pictures myself. Thats fine, just need to get my dive date safely and in order. Thank you!

The data file is here:

Your Home Directory/Library/Application Support/MacDive/

Your pictures are referenced where they are on your hard drive, so just copy them back to where you had them and they should all be there.

Though I may potentially add an option to store all the photos in the data file also - which will make it larger, but more portable. Optional, of course.

That would be a fantastic feature!

... Though I may potentially add an option to store all the photos in the data file also - which will make it larger, but more portable. Optional, of course.

That would be a fantastic feature!

It was actually there in a very old version, but I don't recall now whether I removed it before I ever released what was 1.0 or slightly later on.

Either way, it will probably make a reappearance as it sounds like some people would find it useful - I've had a couple of emails about it also.

The ability to grab single 'data' file that includes everything is so great to have when moving data between multiple computers, etc. Also makes backing up data easier when you know that it is all in one location. Thanks for adding this (back)! :)

It was actually there in a very old version, but I don't recall now whether I removed it before I ever released what was 1.0 or slightly later on.

Either way, it will probably make a reappearance as it sounds like some people would find it useful - I've had a couple of emails about it also.

I'm quite pleased with the interface which is way better than original SDM.

Thanks t0w.

funny-apple.jpg

I am still Mega Jealous.

Waiting for Galileo Sol Support....

Sigh, One day maybe.

Best Regards

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom