New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used MacDive for a couple of months now and have the following requests:
I wish it would import the rest of the dives from my Sensus Ultra.

There's a chance those dives are gone (the sensus can reset itself). Or that the communication is failing.

I wish it would remember when dives are combined and not re-import the same dive as Unknown forever after.

Is this the last dive ? Or a random dive somewhere in the middle ? And if so, do you have "only import new dives" ticked or unticked ?

I wish there were an iPhone App that it would sync with.

See other posts on this page - you can sync to Dive Log, just not back yet.

I wish that equipment could be grouped so you don't have the add each piece of equipment to each dive.

This is coming! It's just a time thing, and I have very little at the moment. :( I need to work out some snow leopard issues then get a new version with some bug fixes and hopefully a new device out. In fact I would ideally like to redo the entire gear interface, it's.. well. Yeah.

Just in case you didn't realise, though, you can multi-select bits of gear, and if you have multiple dives selected it gets added to all. At least you don't have to do it one at a time!

I wish it would import the rest of the dives from my Sensus Ultra.
There's a chance those dives are gone (the sensus can reset itself). Or that the communication is failing.

@ZzzKing: Another explanation for the "missing" dives is that you might have upgraded the firmware at a certain point in time. I believe that the 2.58 firmware upgrade was offered in the past year. According to the manufacturer, this action erases all dives held in memory.

To determine whether the "missing" dives are still on the Sensus Ultra, I'd recommend using the ReefNet Sensus Manager software to see what dives are actually saved in memory on the Sensus Ultra dive recorder itself. If you were already using Sensus Manager software, this means that you have pre-existing *.dat files in the Sensus "Dive Library," and you won't be able to distinguish previously downloaded *.dat files from the new ones. In this case, it might be best to download the device while using a different Mac user account. This approach should give you an accurate picture of all of the dives that are held in your Sensus Ultra currently...and confirm whether this is a MacDive bug or not. Good luck.

BTW, I'm very impressed with the current iteration of MacDive. Bravo, Nick!

Deleted original post. Just figured out what and where I was missing from the specified web site. Now to download and see if it works...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

I have been using MacDive for awhile and even gave up my Oceanic ATOM and moved to a GEO so I would have support for doing imports. The problem I am having is it only imports about 1 out of every 15 - 20 attempts, every other time it either gives me a cant read memory or unable to connect to computer error message. I double checked the cable and computer and it happens with others as well (wife also has a GEO). Both computers connect fine with OceanLog. I have already updated to the most recent drives for the USB cable. Any suggestions for making this work on a more regular basis or is this a known issue everyone is having

Any suggestions for making this work on a more regular basis or is this a known issue everyone is having

Without additional info it is hard to locate the exact problem. Can you try to reproduce it with the test application? It's a commandline application and you'll need to pass the correct serial port (usually something like /dev/tty.usbserial-20030001) with a commandline parameter. It will generate a logfile with all the info we need. Send it to Nick and myself. You can find my email address on the libdivecomputer website.

Supposedly MacDive is compatible with Mares Nemo. I just purchased the Mares Nemo Excel and would like to download it to my Mac using the IRIS infrared interface. When I go to import and try to select Mares, it is faded out and not available for selection. Does anyone know why that is and how to fix this? Is the Mares Nemo Excel Drake compatible? Supposedly it needs to be to work with MacDive but I am not sure what Drake compatible means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Supposedly MacDive is compatible with Mares Nemo. I just purchased the Mares Nemo Excel and would like to download it to my Mac using the IRIS infrared interface. When I go to import and try to select Mares, it is faded out and not available for selection. Does anyone know why that is and how to fix this? Is the Mares Nemo Excel Drake compatible? Supposedly it needs to be to work with MacDive but I am not sure what Drake compatible means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing faded out is the "Mares" heading, which is splitting the devices by vendor (same thing for suunto, oceanic etc). You can't select that. If you look at the whole menu you'll see it's a sub heading rather than an option you can choose.

The Excel is not supported. This is probably a little confusing as the older Nemo is just called a Nemo AFAIK, and doesn't cover the wide or excel. The Wide should be in the next ver though.

But it's irrelevant, because only the DRAK interface is supported, which is the serial cable interface. I don't support IRIS.

EDIT:

Actually, I may be completely wrong about all of this. Could you please drop me an email, to macdive@thedoorisajar.org ? I'd be interested in sending you some stuff to try to see if we can get it working.

Last edited:
Actually, if anyone at all has an IRIS interface and a Mac I would be keen to hear from you, so please drop me a mail.

Hello, I have a vytec DS, i suppose it's supported, but am not managing to get it recognized, are you aware of any issue people may have had with the connection?

Found the solution: install drivers!

So now I'm using it - finally the Mac version, so cool! Just it looks like there are a fwe things still missing, I'll keep an eye out for updates :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom