New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody know if the Apeks Quantum would work on this program? Its basically the same computer as the Nitek Duo and Tusa something?
Thanks

Anybody know if the Apeks Quantum would work on this program? Its basically the same computer as the Nitek Duo and Tusa something?
Thanks

It won't, at least at the moment. There is a list of supported devices on my site.

It would be quite nice to show the dive time in the "dive" table view - it shows in the print view however.

It would be quite nice to show the dive time in the "dive" table view - it shows in the print view however.

Do you mean the duration of the dive ? If so, right click the header of the table and choose "Total Duration".

If you mean the actual time, it should be there by default, but if not you can add it the same way.

That help?

Do you mean the duration of the dive ? If so, right click the header of the table and choose "Total Duration".

If you mean the actual time, it should be there by default, but if not you can add it the same way.

That help?
I meant the bottom time "duration"; thanks that does it - really appreciate the help, and quite neat application.:cool3:

If we'd be more greedy, can we have the tissue saturation graphs as well :D like the one in the SDM :praying:

I meant the bottom time "duration"; thanks that does it - really appreciate the help, and quite neat application.:cool3:

If we'd be more greedy, can we have the tissue saturation graphs as well :D like the one in the SDM :praying:

I'll take a look after I've completed the new version, which is a wee way off, but coming along nicely.

I know very little about computer programming so I apologize if I sound totally ignorant. What is the biggest obstacle in making more dive computers compatible with a program (aka dive rite computer with Mac Dive)? Is it simply getting the data off the computer and converted to something Mac Dive understands? I love Mac Dive and it works great with my Suunto. I just wish I could I could use it with other computers since there really is not an alternative for us mac users. In fact, I would gladly pay for the program if it meant being able to use it with more computers. Just curious. Either way, keep up the good work and thanks for the good program.

Take a look at the libdivecomputer website. There are instructions on how to collect the information we need to add support for new dive computers. Since macdive is using the libdivecomputer library for communication with the dive computers, that's the first step to get it supported.

Take a look at the libdivecomputer website. There are instructions on how to collect the information we need to add support for new dive computers. Since macdive is using the libdivecomputer library for communication with the dive computers, that's the first step to get it supported.

The other main part is decoding the contents of the memory, once you've managed to extract it. Very little documentation exists for this, and none of it is official (save for the odd device such as the Reefnet Sensus that the manufacturer actually supports).

Has anyone had luck with this and the Aeris Atmos 2? I'm using the latest versions of MacDive and the FTDI USB driver - with the Aeris USB cable. Dive Comp is in PC mode. When I try to import using the Aeris entry I get "Detecting Dive Computer" then "Cannot Read Memory".

Back
Top Bottom