New mask suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diveninjajim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I'm new to scubaboard though I have read some threads before. Anyway, I am looking for a new mask; I have been using a Mares x-vision and I fancy a change. I know the whole "try it on and if it fits it's a good mask thing" but has anyone any suggestions? My instructor raves about his Halcyon twin lens. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help

I just switched to an Atomic Aquatics frameless mask. It was major move forward in technilogy from teh TUSA Liberator I had been diving. It also doesn't leak around my mustach.

Just about every mask I've ever tried on, fit me. Once they're on, I hardly notice any difference in the water except for one aspect. If I'm on the surface with lots of sunlight glare, I like black silicon to shade my eyes and allow me to see better looking down. Other than that...I don't think mask type design is a big deal. I've had about .....7 different ones.

The Atomic Frameless seems a popular choice. My only problem is there are no atomic stockists in Northern Ireland that I am aware of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom