New Member From Gainesville Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Kurt_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All-
I just found this board. I am a Chicago native, moved to Cincinnati after 32 years, and spent 11 years there. I have moved to Trenton, Florida last April. It has turned out to be one of the best decisions we have ever made. I am less than an hour's drive from the most famous springs in the state- Ginnie, Devils Den, Blue Grotto, Rainbow, Manatee, Fanning... You get the picture. We have a 25' Maxum cruiser that make a nice dive platform. I am just getting into spearfishing and have gotten a JBL gun and wetsuit.:diver: Does anyone know of any scuba clubs in my area? Thanks! Kurt

You'll find there's plenty diving here in FL, especially if you have your own boat.

Check out the Florida Conch Divers forum every once in a while. If you've found a date that you like to go diving, it's not that hard to get some divers together to go with you.

FallenMatt and I frequent the springs also.

Thanks, Gemma and Dr. Jay! I am surprised to see someone from Spain! Dr. Jay- Is Aquatic Outpost going diving anywhere local this Sunday? :confused:

Welcome to Scubaboard.
Checking the Conch forum is a great way to find people diving.
Also check out LLoyd Baily's Dive shop, Exit 393 off 75 (nw 97th)
Its the oposite direction on 97th than the Harley shop.
They set up some stuff.
If nobody else answers, PM me, I am always ready to dive.
Heading to Key Largo Sunday for a week.

You and I should get along great. I checked your profile. I am also an NRA member, and an avid bird hunter. Have fun in the Keys and email me when you get back. Let's do a dive soon.
Kurt=-)

when I lived in Trenton it only had one traffic light.

Gas was an appalling 16 cents/gallon!

Their idea of "de-segregation" meant that the black campus and the white campus were on the same property (opposite sides of course). I got yelled at by the principal for playing with the "colored folk".

You got a free small plastic Dinosaur whenever you bought a box of snack size Frito-Lays.

School let out fer plantin' watermelons.

School let out fer pickin' watermelons (or corn, or whatever).

Sink holes opened jest across the street from where I lived (they fenced it off after I moved but not before it had swallowed one of my friends and his horse).

The local drugstore had a cool soda fountain where my sister worked.

Paula Dempsey was the cutest girl in Kindergarden.

Paula's dad was the Deputy Sheriff and let me taste his beer from time to time.

Glad to have you on the board... say hello to Paula for me if'n you ever gets to meet her.

...no divin' that I know of, but Deb teaches class out at Devil's Den nearly every weekend.

FallenMatt and I will be diving at Blue Springs tomorrow (or today), hopefully around noon.

Pete,
I ain't never saw yur suthern' side before. Guessin' you picked that up fur livin' in the good 'ol south fur so long :wink:

Trenton still has only one traffic light. It hasn't changed much, but the gas is way more expensive! ;-0

P.S. I'm still looking for Paula.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom