New Member From Gainesville Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the highlight of the year was the Chiefland Watermelon festival. Too cool! I got to taste my first snow cone there. Almost all shopping was done in Gainesville, where my dad was an MBA student. I hope your future recollections of that town will be just as fond as mine.

Thanks for the welcome! We love living here. I try not to speak in absolutes, as I am usually proven wrong, but I'd say we will never leave this place.:lovestrk:

HarleyDiver-
I haven't been too impressed with Lloyd Bailey. He does like to talk, but I get the impression he is mostly talk! We'll see. I'm going to try to do a dive with him soon. Kurt=-)

You may just be right about that Kurt,
He convinced me to buy two of those new E8 tanks two months ago, and I am still waiting for delivery.
If your willing to drive to Crystal River the Guys at Byrds are good to work with. They are very much "cave" guys though.
Personally I am a open ocean/ reef & wreck kinda guy.
I am still trying to find a good operation in North Florida that does 1-3 day trips. There is one in Valdosta Ga. (25 miles North of me) that runs a bus down to WPB &/or the keys once a month, I might try them next.
What is your diving preference?

Gotta go load the Bike & tanks into the trailer. Heading to Key Largo in the AM. :D

HD-
Have a great trip and I'll talk to you when you get back. We're going to Duck Key in June- can't wait!!!

I had a good dive today at Crystal River. Its been 17 years since I dove it, and it was great fun. I only did 1 tank, as we had non-diving guests on the boat.

I haven't dived much in the last 10 years- a family, a relocation and then an unpleasant divorce kept me from diving. Now, I have found a wonderful woman who tolerates my passions- water and bird dogs- and we are in a financial position to do both. Let me know if you find a local shop that does short trips, maybe I'll tag along, if that's OK with you.

Kurt =-)

Same to ya, if you find a good one let me know.
Maybe this fall you can teach me a little about wing shooting, and I'll have you up & to take a shot at some turkeys, we got lots of them.

Did the Grove this morning, Light seas, great vis, just awsome.
Will post complete trip report on return.

:) :) :)

Kurt,
Where is Trenton in relation to Gainesville (UF area)?

Welcome a-board! (see, that's funny because this is a board and...nevermind.)

~DK

DK-
Drive straight west on University through Newberry (it becomes Newberry Rd.) and another 10 miles or so. There is Trenton! Did you see the thread in FL. Conch Divers about diving Ginnie next Saturday? Come on out! Reply to the thread so they know you're coming. Hope you come. Kurt:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom