New member from ohio (cincinnati)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With SP Regs You get free parts kits when you have it serviced.
Over a couple of years that makes up for what you would save buying
used. What LDS are you using? Scuba Shack is a SP dealer and you can
get a total dive package on lay away with no interest and at 50% paid
you can use the gear just bring it back. By the way I am a divecon and
Sp service tech there. We use Blue Springs in In. little over a hour from
western Cincinnati. Exit 123 off I-74.

Mike

We did a two tank dive right outside of our hotel. First dive about 35ft 2nd dive 60ft and wow I got to hold a seahorse,star,puffer,and a octopus. The reason aim leaning towards scubapro is other divers feedback and reviews I also like zeagle bc and aqualung wetsuits. Oh and I'm already signed up with scuba shack they had good prices and the di was professional and knowledgeable.
What gear do u have?

Like I said, I have 5 SP regs (both technical & recreational), a Sea Quest Balance BC, an Oceanic Hera BC, an Excel Wet suit, 2 custom DUI drysuits, Deep see Mask, Oceanic snorkel (when I have to use one :rolleyes:) SP fins, 2 Suunto computers (a HelO2 & a Vyper Air- both air integrated) & a Dive Rite Duo computer, a Hollis DPV (Scooter).... the rest is pretty much technical diving equipment. I basically use the brands that work best for me, I am not brand specific.

Welcome hongcn,
Dang storm sounds like you have enough equipment you could prob bought a new car lol jk. I can't wait to start my pool clases at the end of the month. What would you recommend for my next training class I'm think search and rescue or advanced?

Dang storm sounds like you have enough equipment you could prob bought a new car lol jk.

You summed that up pretty good.:D

What would you recommend for my next training class I'm think search and rescue or advanced?

Uhmmmmm....... I would say it depends on a few things. 1. What training agency are you going with? Some Advanced Open Water certs. have an actual course that consists of a "sampler platter" of specialties that are offered. Some agencies require so many logged dives plus so many full specialties. 2. As for the other, I think you may have some names confused. Actual Search & Rescue/ recovery is typically done by Public Safety Divers (Police/ Fire/ Rescue). There is a course called search & recovery that entails learning to do search patterns & recovery techniques of objects (generally not people). 3. There is also a course that is typically called something along the lines of Rescue Diver or Stress & Rescue, that teaches you to recognize & hopefully head off stress in both yourself & your buddy, before it becomes a dire issue. Then goes on to teach you how to deal with an emergency situation if it should occur anyway.

The first thing I would recommend is to just go out & do some diving. Get familiar & completely comfortable with the skills you will learn in class. Make sure they are second nature to you. Especially make sure you have your buoyancy control down pat. You would be surprised, in a stressful situation, how quickly buoyancy goes out the window. The more comfortable you & your girlfriend are, the better you will do in your courses. I understand your eagerness & can't say I blame you, but give yourselves time to become comfortable & familiar with your equipment, before adding any complexity. Hope that helps you out.

We are getting our cert through SSI they told me I can always get other classes through padi if I wanted they do both but favor the ssi. Yea I think I mention the stress and rescue corse. I am just stoked I want to learn as much as possible, but i know I will have to get some exp under my belt first I guess I will have to learn to crawl before I walk or run so to speak lol.

Thanks, I can't wait to get back in the water even if it is just the pool. I think I am developing an addiction. Lol

Back
Top Bottom