** New Oceanic EOS Review **

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I (nor the company) ever once, in any media, announced anything about the NOAA deal. I did not personally know of many of the details that I have since read about here - but quite honestly, did not feel good about promoting the fact that we were selected due to a problem or problems with a competitor's reg. John_B did PM me, asking what I felt about this type of "advertising" - my response is that neither of the guys that have posted the details made it up or wrote the press release - my understanding is that it's copied from an article in Undercurrent - which I have not seen. Someone apparently thought that it was appropriate for print - and some thought it was appropriate to post here - I might have done the same thing if I thought an article was interesting, thought-provoking, potentially valuable to others, - the list goes on. That's what this community is all about - and everyone has a fair opportunity to voice support or disagreement.

There were accidents where barracuda chew off part of the underarm of a swimmer because she had a shiny scraper hanging off her arm. She was scraping the bottom of the boat. Another swimmer lost some flesh off her belly button because a fish mistaken the jewelry she wore on her belly button was shiny bait fish.

We also told students not to wear shiny jewelry underwater so as not to attract unwanted bites from fishes.

This EOS 2nd stage seems lika a good product, and I am interested. But why have a shiny ring on it that might put the divers in danger???? And Oceanic has no plan to minimize this danger? Sigh....

For what it's worth I bought this reg and I love it. This is my first reg ever purchased. Breathing is as easy as can be. I've had my fair share of rental regs and this baby is a beauty!

Unfortunately I plan to go cave diving and Oceanic to this day still does not make a DIN DVT connection for this reg. So if you are a DIN user you will lose the DVT feature. I'm just going to have to live with no DVT when I change it out to DIN. But if you are not a cavern/caver and you use yolk style DVT is a nice bonus.

Unfortunately I plan to go cave diving and Oceanic to this day still does not make a DIN DVT connection for this reg. So if you are a DIN user you will lose the DVT feature.

Who the hell cares? People have been diving for how many decades now without that feature. If anything it is something that could potentially cause an issue, seeing as it is one more moving part int the path of airflow.

Unfortunately I plan to go cave diving and Oceanic to this day still does not make a DIN DVT connection for this reg. So if you are a DIN user you will lose the DVT feature. I'm just going to have to live with no DVT when I change it out to DIN. But if you are not a cavern/caver and you use yolk style DVT is a nice bonus.
You want to go cave diving with an internal shutoff valve on your first stages that you can't access while the reg is pressurized?

Back
Top Bottom