New SCUBA based novel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evil masterminds, stupid henchmen and a sexy marine biologist!

Let us know when it's published and available on Amazon :)

Evil masterminds, stupid henchmen and a sexy marine biologist!

Let us know when it's published and available on Amazon :)

LOL Will do!

Don't forget to add a cool knife like a Randall Dive Knife or a Benchmade of some sort. And the protagonist needs a cool dive watch too, like a Doxa 5000T Sea Conqueror with a blue face.

Paladin, good luck with it. I'm curious if this is a self-published effort or if you have a an established house behind you.

For Ipad, submission and inclusion of your novel as an epub document is FREE. If you laid out the novel in Adobe Indesign 5, it outputs to epub format, with little left to change for this to be able to go straight to the IPAD Library/bookstore. Apple - iPad - Buy and read books like never before.

Paladin, good luck with it. I'm curious if this is a self-published effort or if you have a an established house behind you.

This is a self-published effort on my part. The established houses that I've corresponded with stated that they don't feel that a SCUBA novel would have a big enough reader base. They seem to have the opinion that there aren't enough SCUBA divers interested in buying books to warrant the effort. So, I'm doing this myself and I hope you guys will help me prove them wrong.

When it hits the market, it will be available on Amazon and will be listed for sale in brick-and-mortar bookstores as well.

I haven't yet decided whether or not to put it in e-book format, but I am open to everyone's input.

It is written using Open Office Writer in .doc format.
That might make it a little challenging if you want to publish to multiple formats. I'd still recommend downloading Adobe Indesign (cs5.5 version) and trying the 30 day free trial. I lay out sfdj.com with it, and then send pdf's to my html / dot nuke programmers for the web page....but I could also instantly save as an epub document for Ipad or Kindle, and have little additional editing to do. I think most of what you would need to do would be just setting the document properties properly so you can have the imported file "auto-flow" through all the pages yopu start with---say you create the document with 250 pages just to be sure you have enough....Indesign is actually pretty easy to learn, and exponentially better than Word or Office Writer Or MS Publisher for real use in "publishing".
There are also discounted versions you can get if you google "discount oem software"

That might make it a little challenging if you want to publish to multiple formats. I'd still recommend downloading Adobe Indesign (cs5.5 version) and trying the 30 day free trial. I lay out sfdj.com with it, and then send pdf's to my html / dot nuke programmers for the web page....but I could also instantly save as an epub document for Ipad or Kindle, and have little additional editing to do. I think most of what you would need to do would be just setting the document properties properly so you can have the imported file "auto-flow" through all the pages yopu start with---say you create the document with 250 pages just to be sure you have enough....Indesign is actually pretty easy to learn, and exponentially better than Word or Office Writer Or MS Publisher for real use in "publishing".
There are also discounted versions you can get if you google "discount oem software"

Thanks. I'll look into it. The book is complete, I'm just going through it, revising it some and cleaning it up before it goes out for publishing. Both the publisher I'm using and Amazon Kindle want it in .doc, so that's the reason I chose that format. The first issue will be in 6"X9" softcover. I had considered hardcover but figured the higher sale price would just hurt distribution. After it gets into print, I will probably put it on the Kindle list as well.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom