New SCUBA based novel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a self-published effort on my part. The established houses that I've corresponded with stated that they don't feel that a SCUBA novel would have a big enough reader base. They seem to have the opinion that there aren't enough SCUBA divers interested in buying books to warrant the effort. So, I'm doing this myself and I hope you guys will help me prove them wrong.

When it hits the market, it will be available on Amazon and will be listed for sale in brick-and-mortar bookstores as well.

I haven't yet decided whether or not to put it in e-book format, but I am open to everyone's input.

Thanks for the info. I'd have to say Clive Cussler would probably argue with the statement that "Scuba doesn't sell" but he does add cool cars and planes into the mix too so it might not be a completely valid point.

Thanks for the info. I'd have to say Clive Cussler would probably argue with the statement that "Scuba doesn't sell" but he does add cool cars and planes into the mix too so it might not be a completely valid point.

This is true. But Cussler is an established author with an established readership. I think what they were telling me was that they just don't want to take a chance on a new author dealing with what they may think of as a fringe subject. Even with Cussler's output, there just aren't many SCUBA based books being published. Myself, I think this is doing a disservice to a large sector of the public. So, I'm hoping that, by publishing this first novel, I can begin to build a readership of my own and establish myself as a known writer.

I plan to write a series of books about the central characters inRedemption and I will be open to suggestions as to plots for future books. After all, I'm writing for you guys and I want to tell the kinds of stories you want to read.

Here is a thought.....to help your sales once released....make a deal with Pete ( Net Doc) to run one new chapter each week for the first 3 or 4 chapters... Scubaboard wants good written content.....you want lots of divers to find out they LIKE your writing style and your novel, and this is a big chunk of divers that could start some buzz and some sales.

Not a bad idea. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom