New Snap-On Red Filter For GoPro Dive Housing-(Giving 3 Away NOW!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd use the $50 to get some proper size print outs of the best photos from my soon to happen live aboard on the GBR

I will use the 50 clams to snag an extra SD memory card for the gopro so I don't have to upload footage four times a day on my next liveaboard.

would give it to my brother who lost his go pro camera with the filter on it on the first dive with it...felt so bad for him...:(

I would use the money to support Scubaboard and help them eliminate or moderate self-promoting advertisers of sales / equipment that uses the free scubaboard forums to advertise and sell their goods on the manufactures first post to Scubaboard land.............strong hint hint implied.

Come on Jeff, It's your first post to Scubaboard, and while yes you're giving away 3 free filters, the main intent seems to be advertising your product, pricepoint, website, and goods for sale. Barely ethical or fair in the business sense............can I get free advertising on your website for my business and products?

SRP filters and their hyper-active posting rep AquaPro comes to mind.

Many businesses are supporters of Scubaboard.

Last edited:
One word... PIZZA! Plus a few extra little words... Onions, Green peppers, mushrooms, peperoni, and black olives. YUMMMM

Id take the 50 and put it toward another filter for my second gopro2

I could use it this next trip in Cozumel nov1-7 and use the money saved for more pacificos :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

If I win a snap on filter for my beloved GoPro Hero HD 2, i'd wait for a nicely sunny but chill day in winter, with probably some snow around and jump into Lake Neufeld near Vienna NAKED!!! And film that with my GoPro and the new snap on filter on it! Pinky promise! :)

And btw: if you plan on producing a polarizing filter, i'd take this one too, and slide down a ski slope on Dachstein glacier on my bare backside... and film this with my Go Pro too... :-D

I would probably use the money to try and bribe evendeeperdive not to post those dives!

Now to be honest, it looks like its some awfully dark red tint on a probably non-optical grade quality resin.

With this dark red color, it sure can correct colors but it will bump the camera ISO to some unbearable levels, get ready for some milky/white looking videos, if any at all. Also it seems it's one piece, which would require injection molding for fabrication. I'm not a plastic expert, but I believe you can't achieve a optical quality material by injection molding - where you basically melt your pellets and inject them into a mold under pressure. Quality plastic is manufactured in sheets with some damn strict process control.

Have you guys actually tested it?

Here is an example (not my video) of a "DIY" filter gone wrong - vis is terrible anyway too. I've seen the material and looks about the same tint as this.

[video=youtube;TVNxUSiNYps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVNxUSiNYps[/video]

These are all great posts! It is going to be difficult to choose a winner!
Keep the Great Posts coming!

@Toozler: The coloration has actually been formulated with very specific light transmission specifications. The Material is also a high grade optically correct Acrylic. We have tested these filters extensively and they color correct better than the BackScatter Filter and capture cripsy video. Actually the Catalina Video on our Youtube page is filmed with this filter Polar Pro Red Filter-GoPro Dive Housing-Scuba Diving Catalina Island - YouTube! Feel free to ask any follow up questions, would be more than happy to answer any other questions :)
And don't forget to post what you would do with the $50!

@RockyHeap: A very creative way to spend the $50 savings! I think we have 5 total prototypes left, so we are now giving away all 5 of our Prototypes to the Top 5 Creative answers!

Back
Top Bottom