New surface support uniform...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Now I have lived here in the Pacific Northwest area for 6 months now. I have grown accustom to the oddities here, such as the rain, coffee shops everywhere and the liberal slant towards politics in the area.

Being a fairly conservative/manly guy myself, I was a little curious when I saw a news clip on CNN a few months ago about a “new” fashion fad that had also started in Seattle, called the UTILIKILTS : American Made Utility Kilts for Everyday Wear. I mean the website alone mocks me for not wearing one of these. Sure, it’s a little steep, but so are the assorted regulators, BC and drysuit that is too small for me (I swear it shrunk in the wash). Of course... my wife hates the idea, but my kids think I look like Mel Gibson from Braveheart, except bald and a little out of shape.

So for all you PNW divers who frequent the Kitsap Peninsula, keep an eye out for this new kilt-sporting diver (did I also mention that I am also getting a boat, but that is for another post).

BTW, what does this man-skirt diver wear under his kilt? Flippers.

Geesh... all this coming from a Kiwi?

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I couldn't really think of a good ethnic slur for an Australian at the time... sorry, that was the best I could come up with on such short notice.

Besides, I have a friend who would get upset every time I called him that and Pom

Immediate, non-negotiable, permanent revocation of your man card. Nuff said.

I couldn't agree more... What the hell? Are there men out there actually WEARING these things? In public?? :11::shakehead:

I know several guys who wear kilts. You could try and take their man cards, but their claymores might deter you. :D

a new ceo took over the little hospital i was working at. craig & charlie, the maintenance dudes, were told they had to cut their hair & trim their mustaches. craig had the yosemite sam kind, and charlie had more the salvador dali or hercule poirot type, complete with mustache wax. there were new rules for appropriate clothes, too.

so they got utili-kilts. nothing in the new rules about no kilts! :D:D:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom