New SW Peregrine announced today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I get an email from Shearwater shilling two new Peregrine models hitting the market today - 09MAY23- the "Adventure Edition". From what I can see it's basically the same old Peregrine in different colored plastic cases? (white and grey) Did I get that right or did I miss something?

The original Shearwater Peregrine was announced in July 2020. In May 2023, Shearwater announced the Adventures Edition Peregrine in both light and dark versions that differ only in cosmetic styling from the original edition. The original edition has a black case with a blue inner display bezel and logo along with black wrist straps long enough for use with drysuits plus optional use black shock cord for bungee wrist mount. The dark edition has a gray case and shorter gray wrist straps suitable for wetsuits with optional use orange accent-color loop bands and bungees. The light edition has a white case and shorter white wrist straps suitable for wetsuits with optional use teal accent-color loop bands and bungees. The Adventure Editions also have a silver color inner display bezel and white logo. Each version comes packaged in a matching color-coordinated ballistic case.

Just to be clear, the Adventures Editions versions and the original Peregrine version are all functionally identical (other than the wrist strap length) and are all the same price. The Peregrine does NOT support integration with the SWIFT tank pressure transmitter, also called wireless 'air integration' (AI) and can NOT be later upgraded to support AI. For wireless air integration capable Shearwater models, see either the Teric or the Perdix.

Just to be clear, the Adventures Editions versions and the original Peregrine version are all functionally identical (other than the wrist strap length) and are all the same price. The Peregrine does NOT support integration with the SWIFT tank pressure transmitter, also called wireless 'air integration' (AI) and can NOT be later upgraded to support AI. For wireless air integration capable Shearwater models, see either the Teric or the Perdix.
or NERD 2.

A Perdix with gps and laser beams. Get on it.
I think you got confused... That's supposed to be sharks with frickin' laser beams!

1683681699214.png

What did you think I was going to put the Perdix on?

Petrel for the sharks with rebreathers.

What did you think I was going to put the Perdix on?

Petrel for the sharks with rebreathers.
Oh, OK, that makes sense then, #2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom