New Teric and nitpicking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wearing my Teric at the pool today waiting for students to get ready. I was walking around the deck when I felt the computer vibrating. It was showing me at over 1000 ft. I guess I’ll be testing Shearwater’s legendary customer service this week.

Attachments

• 3B15CC7A-E469-4CED-BB48-0F549A0EFD38.jpeg
    3B15CC7A-E469-4CED-BB48-0F549A0EFD38.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 194
I have 13 dives with my Teric and absolutely love it. I agree with many of the feature requests made here, but the number one thing that would make my tired eyes happy would be an option to eliminate the field label ("T1") for tank pressure in Big mode, and use the space to display the tank pressure value in a larger size.

RwP

This might be a larger topic that someone could help link me to. However, since I have a Teric this seemed like a decent place to asked more experience users....

Situation: Heading away on a week long live-aboard where we will be both Spearfishing (Free Diving) and Scuba Diving.

Question 1: Should I be using the Teric in 'Free Dive Mode' when Spearfishing? Does the Teric factor in Free Dives stats when working through its algorithm for future dives? (is that a feature, is it even needed?)

Question 2: As I have conflicting advise, what is the general rule around switching between Free Diving and Scuba diving on the same trip?

This might be a larger topic that someone could help link me to. However, since I have a Teric this seemed like a decent place to asked more experience users....

Situation: Heading away on a week long live-aboard where we will be both Spearfishing (Free Diving) and Scuba Diving.

Question 1: Should I be using the Teric in 'Free Dive Mode' when Spearfishing? Does the Teric factor in Free Dives stats when working through its algorithm for future dives? (is that a feature, is it even needed?)

I think it clears the tissues info when you switch between modes - so not a good idea?

I think it clears the tissues info when you switch between modes - so not a good idea?

Will need to read the manual on that section again. However, if that is the case it would be a terrible idea haha.

Question 2: As I have conflicting advise, what is the general rule around switching between Free Diving and Scuba diving on the same trip?

AFAIK it's not recommended due to possible bubbling between residual gas loading from scuba and fast freediving ascents.

Will need to read the manual on that section again. However, if that is the case it would be a terrible idea haha.
Don't switch the modes on the Teric. It WILL reset your tissues. Same thing with updating firmware.

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but it would be really nice if the face could be rotated digitally. With a thick drysuit it is not always easy to turn your arm, normally hold in front of you with a light. If I could rotate the face let's say 30 or 45 degrees, it would increase the easiness of reading the numbers a lot.
In watch mode, it can stay at 0°.

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but it would be really nice if the face could be rotated digitally. With a thick drysuit it is not always easy to turn your arm, normally hold in front of you with a light. If I could rotate the face let's say 30 or 45 degrees, it would increase the easiness of reading the numbers a lot.
In watch mode, it can stay at 0°.

Awesome idea! That would really be great!

Back
Top Bottom