New Teric and nitpicking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@stuartv I think they did the strap they way they did for as universal as possible of strap fitment. You may well be able to use a standard 22mm spring pin for the straps

But:

Do the straps with the QR feature, like the Garmin straps work in holes that accommodate regular spring bars? I just don't know about those to know how they work. I would THINK so, but I would not assume.

Even if they do, nobody makes a strap that I know of with QR and a piece of material to connect both sides, so a broken pin doesn't lose the whole computer. At this point, I only know of NATO straps as a way to prevent that.

- I like that I can change the color of the watch face. But, I had to actually read the manual to find WHERE to change it.

- I like that the watch face stays on at all time when I am wearing it, but somehow it knows when I take it off and ..

Ditto re manual read ... Only for that part too!

It has an accelerometer.

I had a substantial credit with DGX. I'm attempting to order a 2nd one through my shop.
Given you already have a Perdix why would you want another Teric? Surely Perdix is plenty of computer. If you are wearing it to tell the time out of the water you only need one surely?

Given you already have a Perdix why would you want another Teric? Surely Perdix is plenty of computer. If you are wearing it to tell the time out of the water you only need one surely?

I would sell the Perdix to help pay for the Teric.

I would sell the Perdix to help pay for the Teric.
But to what end? Why is a teric a better computer than a Perdix, and especially a better backup computer? Will you take two chargers on holiday?

Reactions: Gi0
Two Terics $2400 US

A week in Scapa:

$675 flights (Washington to Aberdeen, BA)
$200 ferry (with a cabin), you can save there but they might rob the Terics off your wrists if you sleep in the bar.
$800 week of diving off of Valkyrie or Valhalla.
$150 food is optional
$100 bailout rental
$22 squirt of mix so as to remember seeing guns which were at Jutland.

Say $2k, leaving enough to buy a Helo2 on the way, or quite a serious beer and whisky budget, or paying for excess baggage on your RB.

So, are you going to tell the grandkids about the time the computer told you your Surfacing GF would be 69 when you’d have sworn blind, given a current GF of 42, it would have been 55, or are you going to tell them about how you got to put your head inside the biggest guns ever to be put on a ship?

But to what end? Why is a teric a better computer than a Perdix, and especially a better backup computer? Will you take two chargers on holiday?

He prefers the watch-style computer over the brick form factor of the Perdix.

Having both the Teric and Perdix AI I too find myself in a similar situation of wanting a second Teric. This would streamline and standardize a whole lot - same interface, same charger, same strap, easily mount both to same arm right next to one another. Probably will sell my Perdix AI once Teric inventory levels stabilize.

It really comes down to a matter of form factor preference. Both the Teric and Perdix are great computers with the same dive capabilities with the exception of the Teric being able to perform double duty by being worn in and out of the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom