New to Diving and going to Destin in July with my daughter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have recently joined these boards and have been doing a lot of reading. I have only been diving on 6 outings and all in an area lake here in Arkansas. I am taking my daughter (12 yo) to Destin the week of July 18th who just got certified in OWD. We want to make as many dives as we can that week but also want them to be safe. I will be using either Sand Dollar charter or Scuba Tech to provide us with a charter service. Do I just tell the charter that we are new and they will take us to safer areas or should I just take the shorter one tank dives on 65 ft or less? Also if anyone is going out with a charter service during that week let me know. I would love to meet other people.
Thank you
Dave

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

check out the Deep South Diving forum for more info in your neck of the woods

Contact the charters to ask about the diving. They may have set days that they go to sites that would be suitable to your skill and comfort level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom