New to group,any suggestions,reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rainbowblues

Reaction score
I'm new to this group and I was wondering if anyone is familair with John Lippmann's books"The essentials of deeper sport diving"or "Deeper into diving" Is one better than the other? Can anyone recommend any books that cover the area between advanced and tech? Thank you Rainbowblues.

1. The Last Dive - great read, lots of background/history and general information on technical diving.

2. The Oxygen Hacker's Companion - THE source regarding gases, mixing, and other essential knowledge for the person making the jump into tech.

3. Stuff on the Internet - you can read it here, elsewhere, or some of it in "Doing it Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving", by Jarrod Jablonski. Regardless, moving into the technical realm will require refinements in technique and skills that can be read about in some of these sources.

4. Go diving...a lot...preferably with someone that is doing the type of diving you aspire to be doing yourself.

O-ring once bubbled...

2. The Oxygen Hacker's Companion - THE source regarding gases, mixing, and other essential knowledge for the person making the jump into tech.

Be careful with this one. I'm in the process of reading it and I've run across a couple of errors. They are "little typos" which can be big problems with techincal writing.

Cornfed

Best Publishing is probably the best source of books on a wide variety of diving topics from the basics to commercial and military diving.

I believe their website is http://www.bestpub.com

Two essential books on my bookshelf are the US Navy diving manual and the NOAA diving manual. While some of the topics are outside the scope of scuba or tech diving, they can be good reading just to have a better understanding and appreciation of the diving world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom