New to South FL, looking for dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padipro once bubbled...

Another weekday diver!?! Fantastic, keep me in mind the next time you're planning on heading out. I'm always looking for a buddy during the week.

Scott

I'll defineatly do that! I bid my schedule this month based on Christmas, so the only good weekdays I have would be the 15th and 16th. We're doing the Spiegel Grove on the 14th if you are interested.

I spend all of my time diving from boats, so I am new to shore diving. Hope you can give me a few pointers.

Eric

mempilot once bubbled...

I'll defineatly do that! I bid my schedule this month based on Christmas, so the only good weekdays I have would be the 15th and 16th. We're doing the Spiegel Grove on the 14th if you are interested.

I spend all of my time diving from boats, so I am new to shore diving. Hope you can give me a few pointers.

Eric

Hay Eric,

I'm looking at doing a boat dive on the 13th if the winds die down. I mostly dive from boats as it's much easier to get to a good reef, something worth looking at, on a boat. The shore dives around here, while doable, require a long swim to get to a decent reef line.

I'd love to dive the Grove with you but with Christmas coming I can't afford to do that trip right now. I went early last year and it's a fantastic dive. I'd like to do it again sometime so maybe we can get together early spring and do it again.

Which boats do you usually dive with?

Not many jobs require you to bid each month for the days you'll have to work. Thankfully, I only bid once a year, although with my low seniority I end up with third shift and weekdays off. My wife is a Flight Attendant so I have an ideaof what it's like.

Keep in touch with me and once the weather improves I'm definately going to get wet.

Scott

PadiPro,

I mostly dive off the H2O Diver with Henry Del Campo. I like the boat, Gary's a great Captain, and Jeff is a great Divemaster. I live right down the road from the boat, so it's convenient. I'd love to own my own boat. I'm going to sell my Cessna 310 this winter and look at a cruiser this spring.

Mem Pilot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom