New to this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fun! Lots of fun!

Where will you be diving?

Thanks for quick reply :)
Im from the UK (wales) There are a few diving centres around by me i have messaged them all so hopefully get a email back by Monday :)
Just came back from Malta and should have gave it a go there (regret that now) But i did try out snorkeling & LOVED that so Scuba got to be better! I was in the water hours at a time :) If i enjoy it im planning on travelling abroad quite a lot to try different places :) How long have you been diving?

I just got certified last October. Did a try dive in a pool (that's how they're done in the American Midwest) last summer and the rest was history. I'm now enjoying diving Great Lakes shipwrecks. :)

Just follow @Marie13's intriguing post and you will learn more than you ever need to know about all aspect of diving.
I follow Marie13 and I have been diving for some time--
The posts are both informative and entertainment while I drink my early morning hot chocolate

SAM

Yes i think thats what they do here, Try dive in a pool then a lake or open sea to get certified :)
Silly question but i am a bit worried on clearing the mask under water? how the hell can you do that and get no water inside haha? :)

They'll show you! I was a mask clearing mess at first! But then I've gotten a lot of practice. Due to my face shape, I've gone through about 15 masks (a saga I call "As the Mask Floods" :D) and though I've now got one that doesn't flood too much, I got really good at cleaning with so much practice.

Last edited:
Thank you :) Really excited about doing this so i shouldn't let worries get in the way :) I will keep you updated after my try dive :)

How long have you been diving?
I'm no Sam Miller (I think he taught God to Scuba), but this is my 48th year of diving.

From what I've heard, BSAC instructors are exceptional and should put you at ease. As for the mask, clearing is easy but learning to control your airways can be a bit problematic. Here's an exercise for you. Standing in waist-deep water (no deeper) put your mask on while it's full of water. Learn to breathe through your mouth and even be able to talk. Some do it naturally, some require a bit of concentration and work.

Back
Top Bottom