New toy for exploring the quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on the new scooter. If you haven't already looked, you should check into taking a dpv class. Now you just need to convince all of your dive buddies to buy scooters!!!! Enjoy!

so what do you think of the hollis?

I don't know yet. It didn't come in last week:depressed:. It should arrive this week & I may see if I can't try to get down tot he quarry & try it out in the shallows. I have to teach an OW class this weekend, so don't know if that'll happen or not.

Actually I forgot to mention,..... When I got to the qaurry, my buddy said he has a scooter & would tow the 2 of us. OK, that sounds cool. We get in the water & he gets his scooter. It is a little See Doo jobbie. So here's the mental picture,..... 2 divers in doubles, drysuit, canister lights,..... & so on, being towed buy this tiny scooter:D. Good thing we were the only divers in the water at that time. Someone might have drowned from laughter:rofl3:. After about 40 min., the weather (thunderstorms) drove us out of the water.

The LDS called yesterday (Fri.) the scooter finally arrived. Unfortunately, I have to work this weekend, so I will not get to see it until Monday. The Owner/ head instructor said it has some pretty awesome features to it (he has an X- scooter Cuda). When I asked what they were, he only said I would have to see them for myself. The anticipation is killing me:D. Can't wait for Monday to arrive......:cool2:

Here it is!!!!! Now I need to get it wet!!!

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 70
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 65
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg