New TSA Regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
You guys know what this mean don't you........ no more rum from me :wink:.
Especially as it's a breakable item, I really don't see people checking alcohol into their checked luggage.
A lot of the inbond duty free shops whether they sell perfume, liquor or other trinkets will have their sales adversely affected by this.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20060811/lead/lead4.html
One of the luckiest experiences I had was bring back Cruzan Rum from from St. Croix one year. American Eagle took my carry on before boarding, but never gave it back. After I threw a fit in PR, they claimed it had been added to hold with the regular luggage. It had 3 bottles unwrapped, plus some other fragile things, and NO checked luggage tag. I made a claim in PR and considered it gone but by some miracle it made it through MIA all the way back to AMS along with my other stuff. Not one thing broken.

I wonder if they'll just load the duty free in the hold now or what those businesses will do now?

Jamdiver:
You guys know what this mean don't you........ no more rum from me :wink:.
Especially as it's a breakable item, I really don't see people checking alcohol into their checked luggage.
A lot of the inbond duty free shops whether they sell perfume, liquor or other trinkets will have their sales adversely affected by this.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20060811/lead/lead4.html

Yes and water vendors (once they make the approved list of TSA) will see their sales increase, supply decrease and prices hiked...... who wants to pay $6 for a litre of 'approved TSA water...? Anyone?

News at noon says that at DEN they are doing secondary screening AT THE GATE, and that drinks in the Sterile Area are only being served in cups no lids - and that you can't bring them on the plane.

Back
Top Bottom