New Year's Day dive Darling Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

95devils

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for a dive op for a New Year's day dive. I will be in Sydney, staying in Darling Harbor area.

Thanks

There are a number of operators in Sydney but no dive sites in immediate proximity to Darling Harbour. It would be fairly easy to take a ferry from there to Manly and there is s dive operator there. Not sure if they will be running dives that day tho.

What is your dive history, interests, certification? That would be helpful to get an idea of what you would be looking for and trying to tag you up with someone>

Thanks for the reply. Looked at a few dive ops, no one showing running on the 1st.

Certified 7 years, 320 dives, Master Scuba Diver from 2 organizations, Interested in getting wet. I'll dive in the hotel bathtub if necessary. I dive freshwater quarries, Great Lakes, cold water, warm water, fresh, salt, current, no current, great viz, no viz, caves, wrecks, anything wet.

Thanks for the reply. Looked at a few dive ops, no one showing running on the 1st.

Certified 7 years, 320 dives, Master Scuba Diver from 2 organizations, Interested in getting wet. I'll dive in the hotel bathtub if necessary. I dive freshwater quarries, Great Lakes, cold water, warm water, fresh, salt, current, no current, great viz, no viz, caves, wrecks, anything wet.

What dates are you here for? We haven't done a new year's dive in a while :hm:

I am leaving on the 13th.

I arrive in Sydney on Dec. 28th and leave on Jan.2.

Only need tanks, weights, and belt.

Thanks,

Jerry

Hey there 95Devils... :D

I work at Abyss Scuba Diving here in Sydney. To be honest, New Years Day will just not happen through a Dive Centre. When we first opened nearly a decade ago, we stayed open for days like New Years and Boxing Day, but historically no one turned up.

I think it is the water down this way that seems to give us headaches the day after New Years. But it happens every year.:idk:

I would say your best bet it jump onto facebook and ask all Sydney based Scuba Divers if there is anyone is keen for a NYD dive. There are over 850 sydney based divers in Scuba Diving in Sydney Group and nearly 400 different divers in Abyss Scuba Diving - Sydney

Jump online and join the groups and PM me with your details. I am the main admins for these groups and i will send a PM to all the members on your behalf if you would like. Surly, out of nearly 1250 divers you will get one nitrogen crazed buddy that will join you.

A group from our dive club dive a midnight dive a Camp Cove last year. They poped up as the fireworks where going off in the distance. Cool idea, but to late for me to start celebrating.

If I was going to do a dive in Sydney Harbour on NYD Camp Cove would be my pick. As long as you can get parking is all.

If you hook up with one of the divers from the Abyss Club, they/you can arrange to pick the gear and tanks up a couple of days early and return it a day late if you want. Food for thought anyways.

Good luck anyway, and i look forward to your PM on facebook.

We have "dived in the New Year" at Clovelly Pool which is a nice safe dive with lots to see as well. Notsure if I can talk people into it because of the late night drive home. :idk: yet

Back
Top Bottom