New

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rr75 once bubbled...
Several years ago, before going on a tropical vacation, I signed up for a scuba class, as I thought it would be cool to go diving in a gorgeous place far away. Studied for the class, bought my stuff, and washed out the first night in the pool.

(Short story for those interested: Did well at first, but with wetsuit, I was well underweighted to start and floated to the top in the shallow end. Couldn't clear my mask more than partially floating in the shallow end, so the instructors decided to overweight me, have me sink to the bottom of the deep end of the pool, and try clearing my mask there.

Couple of things. LDS where my wife and I trained don't allow wetsuits (even thin ones). They feel there are enough buoyancy problems at the start, without adding neoprene to the mix. And what kind of idiot, takes you to the deep end to work on a skill you can't do in the shallow end? Hopefuly you'll find a better instructor this time around.

Depending on how long ago and what gear you bought. You might want to update your mask. The lower the internal volume, the easier it will be to clear. The older oval makss take a lot of air to clear compared to a new twin lens low volume.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom