Newbie Dive Addict

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oimate84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I am about to finish up the PADI OW course and im HOOKED! Reason why I am taking up diving is because Ill be going to Nova Southeastern in Ft. Lauderdale in the Fall for Marine Bio grad school. Will be doing some reef restoration work out there. Hope to meet some people in the dive community when I move to the Fort.

-Ian

Welcome to the board. Lots of great diving in the S FL area. May want to look at posting in the Florida Cocnch Divers section. Lots of folks on there to get together for diving. good luck.

Thanks, I will look into the club.

PS) Just noticed I introduced myself in the wrong forum, Mods can you move this thread to the appropriate forum, thanks!

Sorry to tell you -- but there is no known cure for this addiction! It's a lifetime habit.

Tell me about it, first I got into Reef Aquariums 12 years ago..Thats another addiction in itself, I have to downsize my reef now to pay for this new hobby :help:

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the wonderful world of diving. All the best on the rest of the OW course and on your marine bio program. Who knows what great adventures you'll encounter in diving!
I started out "casually" when I did OW - intended as an occasional hobby - but one thing led to another and I got hooked, line and sinker.

Have fun!

I would say its a bummer you're hooked, but in truth...you couldn't be hooked on anything better. Congrats on the Soon to be certification...nice to have another potential dive buddy out there :)

Have fun.

Grab onto some of your new dive buddies and keep diving. That will feed the addiction.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Finished with class part and took the final which I aced, next up Open Water check-out dives Fri/Sat...Anxious to first make a trip out the Flower Gardens with the LDS after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom