Newbie here on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dandydon once bubbled...
:thumb: Welcome ot the party line - a great place for long surface intervals.

...As far as shore diving with a buddy with only 7 dives logged: ... Some may disagree with me, but I'd suggest more training and experience...

:cheers: don
And what better way to get that experience than shore diving with a more experienced buddy. He has to get experience someplace, and the only way to do that is to dive. Boat diving is expensive, and shore diving offeres the most cost effective way to get in some dives. Shore diving is also very often shallow diving as well. But it can get deep.

So go for it, find a local group and go diving. Keep it shallow and remember that the firest 12 dives are the highest risk of DCI due to inexperience.

Ditto on the Maui Dreams. Not so touristy and had a buddy book last time I checked. Really nice and helpful folks. Cheapest tank rentals on the Island.

John

Back
Top Bottom