Newbie here on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:thumb: Welcome ot the party line - a great place for long surface intervals.

As far as shore diving with a buddy with only 7 dives logged: I know that I was too green then, and for a while after. No one but your buddy to save you, and - that's a lot to hope for. Some may disagree with me, but I'd suggest more training and experience...

:cheers: don

Of course it's kosher. But make sure you select a buddy who is experienced and responsible, go on easy dives only, don't go too deep. Your primary goal needs to be to build up experience.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

welcome, and being new to diving i cant really ansewer your question. but i wanted to say, i am envious of you getting to stay on maui, iwas there last thanksgiving and i loved it. might not want to live there but would sure enjoy a long stay. good luck, stay safe and dive safe.

Welcome to the board. It is a great source of info. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Ahhhh Maui! One of my favorite places for people, food and above and below ecology.

Aloha and welcome aboard!

I've snorkeled on the islands, but haven't been under yet. Last trip was a combo of business and pleasure (in conjunction with the Pro Bowl). We weren't certified and didn't want to just do a "vacation certification". Can't wait to get back dive the area.

If you don't mind, we'll look you up for info on dive sites when we do. Mahalo in advance.

Best fishes and safe travels.:)

Maui!!! cool!! enjoy your dives there and keep us posted about your diving adventures!

If you're still pretty "green", then probably it'd be more practical to go diving with someone who has more experience and who knows the dive location. I have around 20 dives (pretty green too!) and only go diving when there are more experienced divers going too... lol I'm way too scared to get lost somewhere! :)

Anyhow, have lots of fun and dive safe!

watersprite

Back
Top Bottom