Newbie questions... Please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a 3 ccd Sony TRV900 with a Gates housing. The 900 is discontinued, but you can get one used.

Matter of fact, there is a guy selling one with the same housing I have.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=141896

You should also take a look at some footage shot with a 1 ccd camcorder. I think the colors don't look as vivid, but others disagree. If you don't see a difference save some money and get a 1 ccd.

I also use a TRV900 in a Gates housing. I've been using these camcorders for hobby and semi-pro jobs since 2000 and I think they were one of Sony's best combinations of discreet size, image performance, and manual shooting control.

Codyjp:
So with the DV or mini DV's how long does one tape last? How is it transfered onto the computer? I am so used to CF cards and usb cables for pics that i have no clue about this end of the business.

Can anybody sugest a good website for basic information?

If using SP will last for 60min and LP will be 90 min. And 60 min tape will take atleast 13Gb if u transfer to ur computer (DV format).

Codyjp:
So with the DV or mini DV's how long does one tape last? How is it transfered onto the computer? I am so used to CF cards and usb cables for pics that i have no clue about this end of the business.

Can anybody sugest a good website for basic information?

The preferred interface for transferring video to a computer is firewire. Most, if not all, digital camcorders have a firewire port which permits two-way communication with your computer if you're using the right software (e.g. the computer can read the time code on the tape and find a previously captured scene again to recapture it at a higher resolution). If your computer doesn't already have a firewire port, you can add a card pretty inexpensively.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom