Newly certified OW Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annod

Reaction score
I can't believe the amazing high I got after certifying for OW Scuba Diver. I am so impressed with the PADI instructors I had for my course. I did my confined water dives in Canada the instructor was so knowledgeable and helpful, he made me feel comfortable in an environment that I didn't feel comfortable in. Then I did my Open Water referral dives in Grand Cayman, my instructor who was teaching my girlfriend and I was amazing, nothing was too much trouble. I was having a problem with the giant stride on my first shore dive, it took me three attempts before I actually jumped but he didn't have a problem with that he just kept encouraging me. All the dives where amazing, he wasn't satisfied until we did everything perfect. I learnt so much and when I did wall dives after certifying it was so amazing not worrying about doing skillls, especially taking my mask off. I can't wait to return to Grand Cayman to do advanced open water and maybe rescue diver. However, I'm already back in the pool in Canada practicing skills and maybe I'll do a local cold water dive with my scuba club. Instructors are amazing people I realize now the risks they take everyday when they are teaching O.W. divers, I know they don't get enough credit for what they do.

It's such a pleasure to hear the joys of diving from someone who's experiencing it for the first time, the initial fire and zeal burns so brightly. Welcome to the sport and scubaboard, have fun doing both!

Neat... I can feel the excitement in your post. Congratulations on the OW Cert.

Welcome to ScubaBoard too. Lots of Interesting people (like DiverBuoy :D ) and good info here...

Happy diving

grand cayman eh? nice spot for ow certification. the best is yet to come...frigid temps and 5 ft. visability!

Welcome to SB annod! Congratulations on your certification! Great choice for the open water dives. Canadian waters are cold (especially in Winnipeg!!)

Back
Top Bottom