Newly Certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome! I have no idea what there is to see in Connecticut, but I advise any diver who lives close to water to invest in equipment for at least monthly dives (preferably biweekly) to maintain/improve skills.

I started diving when I lived in CT (Hartford).

Dive sites, not much I drove to RI or northern MA for most of my diving.

Most of the training dives (I'm a DiveMaster trainee) happen at West Hawk near the Ontario border. There is a designated and heavily marked dive area there with underwater decks at 35 and 110'. I'll dive anywhere local with something interesting to see lol.

Go Bombers indeed :wink:
Over the years I've had a few nice swims at Dogtooth Lake--a bit East of Kenora I think. Possibly a good dive spot?

@Kristina Kaschke you will find the diving here difficult and challenging.

In 2010 as as new diver I went the Caribbean, as a New England diver I was used to thick wetsuit and drysuit diving with 10 foot vis being good, often what I call bump diving (where is this, bump, found it). They complained about 100 foot vis and 83 degree bottom temp, I was shocked.

The divers there thought I was a dive master or instructor on vacation many of them having more dives than me, when I said I was a brand new diver they were shocked.

If you can dive New England you can dive anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom