Niagara River Drift Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well with the crazy weather we've had (and will continue to have) it looks like we won't get in the water until May. :11:

I just moved from N. Buffalo to Florida and will miss the Isleview drift dive. If I were in the area I would be at the park suiting up. I just received word; my boat dive on the Gulf is not running due to 3-4 foot seas. I guess it is back to work I go…

fidelis diver:
I just moved from N. Buffalo to Florida and will miss the Isleview drift dive. If I were in the area I would be at the park suiting up. I just received word; my boat dive on the Gulf is not running due to 3-4 foot seas. I guess it is back to work I go…

We've had a quick cold snap here, dipped back below freezing, along with some galatious winds - but should warm up soon - right after Easter weekend.

So we're not divin' either :D - but we'll take a dip for you, when we do get in. :)

Chris Red:
We've had a quick cold snap here, dipped back below freezing, along with some galatious winds - but should warm up soon - right after Easter weekend.

So we're not divin' either :D - but we'll take a dip for you, when we do get in. :)
No diving today for me. :no I may hit the water next weekend.

What is the temp. of river? I am sure it is a bit chilly based on your dive report.

fidelis diver:
No diving today for me. :no I may hit the water next weekend.

What is the temp. of river? I am sure it is a bit chilly based on your dive report.

The NOAA report recons the bottom of Lake Erie is 37F - the ice boom is still in place holding the ice in place, but it's all broken up. 37F is my guess....without actually dandling my toes in it.

On the other hand, I do not think I would join that dive at this time, that is too cold for me. I was never one for ice dive or winter diver (early spring diving in Buffalo). Did any one make that dive?

Hello all
We just got back from Little Cayman.
It was so nice to get back into the cold air, it was just to hot down there.
We ended up doing 14 dives in 5 days, whew that was a lot of diving.

Anyway, can't wait to get into the river. Anyone here when they will pull the boom? I want to hop on a burg and go for a ride.

Back
Top Bottom