Night dive that did not go well..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read the other post. I used to be a DM in the Palm Beaches years ago. I wasn't there, so I wouldn't want to speculate too much. However, I clearly got the impression that the diver was very stressed before, during, and after the dive. He was a new diver, in rough conditions ... apprehensions about 1st night dive, 1st wreck dive, dive plan change, his air consumption. His perception of events and understanding of the dive plan may have been a little distorted ... he may possibly have become borderline panicked at some point. There was also no mention of the buoyancy control problem or rapid accent in his account.

The conditions were undoubtedly not the best for a new student diver with little experience. After reading these 2 posts, my impression is that, other than possibly allowing this person to make the dive in the first place, neither the dive profile nor crew's actions significantly contributed to the incident.

It appears that the diver was not subsequently diagnosed with any dive related injury. Hopefully, everything turns out OK for him.

From what I heard, he found a concrete meg tooth with "CBULLA wuz here" written on the back and thought it was a spanish "dubloon". He rushed to the surface so fast he shot thirty seven feet out of the water. On the trip back to Earth, he landed on top of the flybridge and slid to fall ten feet onto the deck, landing on his back on his tank. He was quoted as saying," Wow, what a ride!" I'm sorry. I missed the part about him riding the polaris missile to the surface that was actually fired by the French Nuclear Submarine made by Mitsubishi Corp.

I must have ESP cause I had a feeling I was bein talked about.. and I wuz! Sure as sugar!! Well, at least its one of Ken's true stories about me :D

First I would like to make it clear that I am a mack daddy.

Second, we were a bit deeper than 60'.

Thanks,

-V

Vayu:
First I would like to make it clear that I am a mack daddy.

Second, we were a bit deeper than 60'.

Thanks,

-V

Have no Idea what a mack daddy is.

To the sand it is 72', not to much of a difference to really argue about. That is if you were diving the Sea Emperor. Been on that wreck many times during the day and at night. It is a nice easy drop to it and nice to see, day or night. Even swam through the cargo sections at night.

The dive that Vayu was hurt on wasn't on the Sea Emperor, it was on the United Carribean. We were on the site with another boat from the class, the other boat dove the Sea Emp on their first dive and we dove the United Carribean. However the two wrecks are pretty close to eachother so the depth is probably the same. My max depth on the dive was 69' but I was about 6-7 feet off the bottom.

I checked those lyrics(?). I still don't know what a mack daddy is, but it's clear he's no diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom