Nine days (kind of) to spare in April. Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xrcjdx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I get off a Komodo trip April 15. Need to be back on Bali April 24. I've been looking at Alor and East Timor in particular as possible options for 6 days of diving (depending on travel time). I'm assuming the only way I'm going to get anyplace is through DPS, so there goes the 15th (at least). 16th I expect (hope) to be able to arrive where I'm going.
Where would you go, and stay? Not interested in Bali or Lembeh (btdt). Relative ease of access counts. Any suggestions are appreciated!

your trip ends in LBJ on the 15th? there are flights that leave Bali to Kupang at 12:30, so you should be able to get to Bali for the trip to Kupang. However, you may need to overnight in Kupang to get to Alor. April is a good time to dive Alor.

Or, go to Kalimaya resort in Sumbawa.. Dive Sangeang, Banta etc and the west coast of Komodo which you won't do much of on a normal Komodo trip. Need to get to Bima for that. May even be able to take a ferry from LBJ to Sape on the 15th which is basically where Kalimaya Resort is.

After reading the suggestion from Mike and Luko (and Luko's report) I booked 4 nights in Kalimaya. Not enough time, I'm sure, but the budget won't allow for a longer stay. It's pretty much going to be an extension of the liveaboard - except, you know....
Thank you for the suggestion!

I was hoping that you might end up at East Timor because I don't hear much about diving in that relatively new country.

Centrals it's still possible. I've got a spare week on my visa. I'll let you know -
R

Centrals it's still possible. I've got a spare week on my visa. I'll let you know -
R
Different country, you can start a new Visa :)

You're right! That thought didn't cross my mind - I'm stuck in the before time. Which as far as I remember meant it was a no go zone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom