Nitrox APPS for iPhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pastoblend is free and does anything you could ever want a blending app to do

Pastodeco is the same for deco calcs but costs some money, not much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful. I had an app whose exact name I I cannot recall right now because I switched from Android to iPhone and don't have it any more. It got decent reviews. I used it for mixing nitrox, and it was fine. Then i started using it for trimix, and the very first time I used it, I saw immediately that the helium amount was wrong--not even close. (With trimix, the helium amount in an empty tank mix is obvious--it is the rest that you need the app for). I played around with it for different mixes, and it was wrong every time. Apparently the people giving it good reviews were only using it for nitrox.

I wrote to the web site of the developer, and, of course, I never got a reply.

There are several on the Apple App Store. Some are basic for figuring MOD, Max and Contingency depth, Po2 ect.
Nitrox Mix, Dive Nitrox, EANitrox, Nitox Buddy, Nitrox Tools, and more. Some are free others are $.
Which one you use depends on what you want to do with it. Most are fairly basic. Nitrox Tools will help with PP blending of tanks and help figure mixes when filling a partially full tank with a different mix.

I hope this helps.

Nitrox Tools is a blending and advanced diving tool. Save your money and just use Nitrox Buddy, it's free!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all, it's been a while since this chat was opened. Meanwhile an android and iOS App of the successor tool is available at the official platforms. The desktop version is available here: Gas blender toolkit

Anyone have a favorite Nitrox App? Looking for something trustworthy for $10 or less.

It's called "Calculator"

MOD= (1.4 divided by O2-fraction (eg. 0.32)) minus one for the surface.
This will give the depth in tens of metres. Multiply with 30 if you want the result in feet.

Example: Nitrox 32%: (1.4/0.32)-1=3,375 -> 33,7 metres or about 100 feet.

OPTIMAL MIX: Nitrox 32 is good to 33m/100ft but if you dive deeper, you may want 28% or 24% or 21%, with rapidly diminishing benefits.

If you want an app, get Multideco. It should cover you present and future needs. Decompression planning and gas calculations. Yeah, it costs. Life is precious.

I've been using Nitrox Tools from Apple. Cost was 1.99 I think. My LDS is old school on jamming Nitrox.

Back
Top Bottom