Nitroxbuddy: Wireless Oxygen Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If only they worked with the iPhone 4......I'll seriously consider one if/when I upgrade.

as this goes forward, what are the odds of a CO module?

+1 on the CO analyzer :D it would be great if you could simply replace the sensor and have it test for CO as well.

BTW: I signed up. Got one of the last 9 units. It may mean I have to buy a new phone though:rolleyes:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

I would have gotten one if this was not a US exclusive right now. ....
It is not an US exclusive.
See project details

---------- Post added May 16th, 2013 at 09:58 AM ----------

+1 on the CO analyzer :D it would be great if you could simply replace the sensor and have it test for CO as well.
Unfortunately that is not going to be possible.
O2 sensors are like a small battery, have only 2 pins and provide a voltage signal.
CO sensors are a bit more complicated, have 3 pins and are "amperometric sensors" and as such require a specif AFE to handle them.

....BTW: I signed up. Got one of the last 9 units. ....
Thank you for being a backer of our Kickstarter project. Now, spread the word and tell your friends to get their own Nitroxbuddy :wink:

Excerpt from your kickstarter page:
"NITROXBUDDY READY TO GO ► This option is for a fully assembled Nitroxbuddy that INCLUDES a new Oxygen sensor (and you will save $40 from the list price of $199). Free shipping in US only. For backers living outside the US, please note that the shipping date will depend on when we will get the product certified for your specific country."
How does this not make it US exclusive? How many countries have already certified your product? Is your product already certified for Indonesia, the country I live in?

.....How does this not make it US exclusive? How many countries have already certified your product?....
It seems to me that you missed the all point of Kickstarter.
Nitroxbuddy is not yet available - let alone certified for the US or any other country.
As indicated in our Kickstarter project page our goal is to have Nitroxbuddy ready to ship to US customers by July and to custmers in other countries later on.
The fact that Nitroxbuddy today is not certified for your country it does not mean that it will never be.

In general, once a device obtains FCC certification it is relatively easy to certify it for those countries that accept FCC data.

We do not have yet a detailed list with certification dates.

If you are interested in our Nitroxbuddy device, but are concerned in supporting the Kickstarter project, I suggest you wait until Nitroxbuddy will be available in your country.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

It is not an US exclusive.
See project details

---------- Post added May 16th, 2013 at 09:58 AM ----------

Unfortunately that is not going to be possible.
O2 sensors are like a small battery, have only 2 pins and provide a voltage signal.
CO sensors are a bit more complicated, have 3 pins and are "amperometric sensors" and as such require a specif AFE to handle them.

Thank you for being a backer of our Kickstarter project. Now, spread the word and tell your friends to get their own Nitroxbuddy :wink:

Mybe that can be your next Kickstarter project:wink:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Could you expand on the calibration process?

From the Kickstarter page:
It is common practice to calibrate an analyzer before each use. With Nitroxbuddy this is quite simple (and educative) as the smartphone, in addition to showing the profile of your measurements graphically, will also plot the resulting "reference calibration line" that will be used for subsequent analysis. For improved accuracy, we highly recommend you use the "two-point calibration" feature, choosing 2 gasses with as much different O2 content as possible.

Back
Top Bottom