NO FISH!! Need to find PADI in Marco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gitterdun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, so I am a new diver. I have completed the Academic portion of the PADI Open Water Diver course. I will be going to Florida in the next 10 days, and need to find a PADI facility where I can do my Open Water dives. Is there a place in Marco Island where I can do this?? Please help!!! Thanks!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Well assuming you would be doing your OW check outs around the Gulf coast, its kind of chilly right now, in the low 60's, weather is still a bit nasty here and there. Even the east coast is a bit hit and miss, the Keys might be ok. Not sure of an LDS in Marco Island, but its a chance, certainly there are some further up the coast or on the opposite coast.

I am glad you signed up. Keep looking, there should be some more responses. Simon is a big help (simbrooks), I see he already responded. I was manatee diving with him a few months ago.

I hope you enjoyed the class. Now the fun begins.

Scuba Marco is an SSI shop.
Outside of an independent instructor, the closest PADI shop is Naples Dive Center 15-20 minutes up the road.

Naples Dive Center S-852
1949 Davis Blvd
Suite 2
Naples, Florida 34104
Phone: (239) 775-4357
http://www.naplesdive.com/

simbrooks:
Well assuming you would be doing your OW check outs around the Gulf coast, its kind of chilly right now, in the low 60's, weather is still a bit nasty here and there. Even the east coast is a bit hit and miss, the Keys might be ok. Not sure of an LDS in Marco Island, but its a chance, certainly there are some further up the coast or on the opposite coast.

Thank you for the info. No Fish says that you are "one of the good guys!" I guess if I am going to do the OW dives there, I am going to have to invest in a full wet suit? I've only got a shortie. I am hoping to get certified before my trip to Cuba in May.

deepstops:
Scuba Marco is an SSI shop.
Outside of an independent instructor, the closest PADI shop is Naples Dive Center 15-20 minutes up the road.

That is fantastic. Thank you!! I have sent them an e-mail requesting info, thanks to you.

Simon is a big help (simbrooks), I see he already responded. I was manatee diving with him a few months ago.

I hope you enjoyed the class. Now the fun begins.[/QUOTE]

Hey there! Yes, I did enjoy the class - You guys were fantastic and so helpful. Okay, how do you get in on the manatee diving? Incredible?

gitterdun:
Thank you for the info. No Fish says that you are "one of the good guys!"
Its a relative term :wink:

gitterdun:
I guess if I am going to do the OW dives there, I am going to have to invest in a full wet suit? I've only got a shortie. I am hoping to get certified before my trip to Cuba in May.
Depends on the time of year, full 1mm (some wear shorties - just think of abrasion resistance and things in the water stinging you) from mid july- mid sept both coasts, 3mm may-july and sept-nov, 5+mm through the winter time if you are on the coasts, 5+mm for springs year round.

gitterdun:
Hey there! Yes, I did enjoy the class - You guys were fantastic and so helpful. Okay, how do you get in on the manatee diving? Incredible?
Search out posts on Crystal River and Manatees on here, all the phone numbers and websites are interlaced in those threads :wink: If i have time later i might look and post the info, but i dont have it to hand at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom