(No) Oil in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:( I sure hope Florida doesn't get "hit" like Mexico was: The rumors of violence, way worse than reality, caused a significant drop in tourism such that the Mexican tourism industry is in even worse of a recession than the rest of the country.

Florida sure as heck doesn't need fear-mongering to hurt its economy-recessed tourism industry.

Interesting how the topic name changed.

Sorry but anyone posting conjecture, speculation, and hearsay that's FACTUALLY WRONG is going to get corrected. For someone to post "I see it as I see it" when they have seen NOTHING is beyond the pale.

Your comparing every major news agency with the "reporting" done by a 17yo whose friend "saw the slick off Marathon" is pretty silly as well :confused:

Some posters simply have diarrhea of the keyboard (posting %$#&) :shakehead:

Good point.

Ummm, what exactly would a pink slick have to do with the oil spill in the gulf? NEWSFLASH: Oil is not pink.
It must have been a Christo installation.

06_surrounded_islands4.jpg

I saw an "oily sheen" on my pool this morning. It may have been old Hawaaian Tropic but a boatless teenager walking by said it looked like BP oil to him. Since he likely knows everything, as most teenagers do, I'm having the pool drained and acid washed. So everybody stay out of my pool for the next week.

Thank you for your support.

:rofl3::rofl3:

The oil may simply pass over our reefs. I hope and pray it does not tour the Keys. I live here and have been diving my brains out for the last few weeks. Nobody knows what is going to happen and I am not sure if I should take my boat out of the water. The TDC certainly is telling everyone to Come As You Are even though we could have a disaster swimming thru in about a week. Hope you kids have trip insurance??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom