No show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dotyj

Contributor
Reaction score
My instructor was a no-show today. That really sucks. Especially since today was supposed to be my first pool session.

The guy at the counter tried to call my instructor but got no answer. I'm seriously disappointed, but also hope nothing serious is going on with my instructor or his family.

Hopefully I'll get ahold of the guy Monday.

I know that if that had happened to me before my first pool session I'd have been so frustrated! I remember how excited I was to start, mainly because I'm still that excited about diving!

If your instructor turns out to be a flake, don't give up! Find another instructor and keep going! I promise, diving is worth all the effort (& money) it takes to get into it!

Best of luck,
otter-cat

I finally got ahold of my instructor today.

We chatted a bit and he said that he thought our training date was tentative and didn't show because I hadn't called back to confirm.

I thought our training date was set since he'd suggested it.

It didn't help that his PDA crapped out and his appointments were on it.

Anyway, four days! We've agreed on Saturday the 21st. at 9:30am.

Feels like I've been waiting forever.

Also I told my instructor about the Sherwood Classic my friend Tim gave me and he said that it is great gear and that he'd be happy to inspect it for me.

I guess it's time to start counting down again. 3 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Well that is better than some of the other possible excuses... have patience James.... Saturday isn't that far away. :D

dotyj said...
I guess it's time to start counting down again. 3 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes.

Until you start the lesson, or until you hit the water?

Damned good question. I can sometimes be vague, sorry.

I don't know. I got the PADI (Don't hurt me guys!) training material a few weeks ago on CD-ROM and have studied it until I think I've worn groves in the CD's. :) I've taken all the written tests and have practiced using both the recreational dive planner tables and the wheel (I need mor practice there.)

I'm sure I'll have other written material to go through before my OW dives.

Saturday we'll likely be trying out different gear and other things. I'm sure I'll get some pool time in as well.

The main thing to start will be to have me try out gear and figure out proper weighting since my disability is going to add some interesting challenges to learning scuba diving and actually fulfilling the physical requirements.

I'm really getting excited again.

Zept once bubbled...

Until you start the lesson, or until you hit the water?

That's cool you're learning the wheel already... I didn't learn how to use the wheel (actually, I didn't even see one) until I started my Divemaster course. The Wheel is so much more useful than the RDP...

Also, dont' worry about being in PADI... I've noticed a lot of people choosing one or the other, but really. In this day and age, does anyone think that any organization is not going to cover its own butt??? There are so many liability issues, and quality control that all modern organizations are pretty comparable to each other (not the same, but comparable...). As mentioned before by many people, it is the instructor and the dive shop that make the difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom