No subject, lets just get to know each other

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ihunter once bubbled...
My name is Ian, I live in "North Atlanta" (a nebulous region reaching into the Artic circle it seems) and recently got my NAUI OW cert in PCB. I'm 33, married with a 2 year old son (10 years to certification for him!) and one on the way, so my wife is not certified yet.

She's excited about getting certified next year. We're looking forward to getting some more training & experience so we can do respectable wrecks. My cert was in 20' vis 72F, so I'm sure I'll be surprised the first time I do "tropical" waters.

Nice chatting with y'all!

By comparison to So Cal this year, 20' viz and 72F is tropical!!!

this must be the reason why this thread have been in the board for so long and yet i have seen it only now...
thanks to the moderators for moving it...
and thanks to cobalt for starting...

i am joel and i'm from the Philippines...
it seems that i'm the first from my country to post in this thread...
but i'm sure there are more of us subscribed here...
and i hope they'll come out pretty soon to join the fun...

i got my OW PADI certification in 1998, but it was until this year when i really got hooked when more of my friends, including my brother and some other cousins started diving...
i got certified AOW PADI in February and i'm right now working on my Rescue and Stress certification under PDIC...
i have decided to cross certification agencies when i started hanging out with a university (University of the Philippines) fraternity brother (...we also managed to get more of our other fraternity brothers into diving...) who happens to be an instructor and good at it... hopefully, soon after my rescue and stress certification, i will start my Dive Supervisor (DM equivalent of PADI) course still with PDIC...

right now i'm an on and off law student in our state university... but by heart wanting to get into the marine science program of the same university...

i'm still single and no kids, 29, male, 5'6"... it's just too bad, though, that my girlfriend is being prohibited by doctors to dive because of her splenomegaly and thalassemia...

if you want to try diving in the Philippines, just PM me and maybe we can arrange something and buddy up...

Miss a week on the SB & I almost missed this cool thread. I'm the 72 post. Just a little late.

My real name is Karen. I'm 5 ft. 3 1/2 in. I've got auburn hair that has blonde highlights. And blue eyes. I've been divorced f/ 9 years. My boyfriend Pat & I have been together 6 years this December. I have 3 kids...15 y.o. girl (arrgh) 13 y.o. boy & 9 y.o. girl. Pat has 1 son who is 11 y.o. & lives w/ us year round. I work in the travel industry & I also manage & bartend at a nightclub.

My b/f & I got certified together. I had been a huge fan of snorkeling. He had gone diving a couple times & wanted to get certified. I wasn't sure I could do it. He had us try snuba on a vacation to see how I liked that. I really liked it, so we took the OW class in Dec. (burr) 2000 & got certified in the Bahamas in 2001. We had been vacation divers until this year. We got some local diving in this past summer. He likes to dive wrecks & caves and I like reefs & critters. I seem to be more interested in diving than he is. So it takes a little prodding to get him to dive locally.

Between all the kids activities & working, I'm pretty busy. I don't dive as often as I'd like to. So this board is my way of living vicariously though others.:D

My name is Bill I have read the board for a while, but I just signed on today and spent the last hour reading all of the entries. There is a vast amount of different people on this board for all over the world and in every occupation you can imagine. And all brought to gether by SCUBA. Its a wonderful thing.

I've been diving since 1977, starting originally with YMCA and Then PADI. I'm 47, semi-retired. I worked as a Police Officer and was hurt in 1996, and after 5 years of floating from a desk to the street back to a desk, and after 2 surgeries I had to retire. The worst of that was it prevented me from diving for about 6 years. But I've also been a Paramedic for 25 years and have been teaching that for 20, so that keeps me busy. I would like to go back to work so I can get some rest.

I'm married with a 16 yo boy. My wife doesn't dive, but I finally got her comfortable with snorkling. She said she'de learn to dive if she didn't have to put her head in the water. My son just got certified and can't get enough of diving. He is a natural and a great dive buddy.

My main purpose now is as a recruiter of people at work to take dive courses and get us out. I guess I'm the mentor to my little flock.

I've enjoyed reading about everyone here and hope to see and read your future messages. I hope you all remain well and dive safe.

Bill:)

Lo all..

I'm Alex and am originally from So. GA (Savannah area). I started swimming competitively when I was 5 but gave it up as a teenager in favor of an epee (fencing).

Met my wife at college (while fencing). Her uncle owns a scuba shop in San Jose, CA, so it was only natural to get cerified and start diving. That was 1989, so I've now been married 14 years and have 4 munchkins at home. My 10 year old is chomping at the bit to start diving.

My username comes from my penchant of digging up old dead things and hanging them on the wall.

I'm taking a break from regular diving (regular everything, actually) and playing in the sands of the Gulf.. Hope to be back next year sometime..

On On..

Alex

FossilFinder once bubbled...
Lo all..

My username comes from my penchant of digging up old dead things and hanging them on the wall.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Can I ask what kind of dead things? I love egyptology (spelling could be off) but was wondering if it was along that lines. You sparked my interest with that line.

Marie

Enjoying getting to know everyone..

Name is Brent

29 (30 on sunday) years old.

Diving for 7 years, Instructor for 1 1/2.

Live in St. Louis, work as an engineer, single.

Hello All...

I'm a 28y/o programmer-type in Arizona. I got certified this summer and picked up my AOW in San Carlos about a month ago. Hoping to see alot more SoCal water, which really is better than dusty desert lakes, no matter what you may hear.

Nice to meet you all. I'm really glad I found this place!

:wanna:

Hey all. Great thread idea. Mark here, single, 29. Looking for that SO who's (preferably) a diver, so she can help me finance my future offshore boat :D

MS in Kinesiology from UNLV; loved Vegas, but couldn't afford the real fun on a GA's salary. Moved to TX for a great job (work at Lamar Univ), and am probably the most recent cert'd, as I just got it in July. Nitrox cert'd also, and hopefully by the end of the week I'll add AOW to it. Shooting for Master Diver by the end of next summer.

Shoot me some private messages--I'm bored at work!!

Hello everyone,

Currently living and diving in the UAE and Oman. Born and raised on the Mississippi gulf coast.
The stats:
single, 32yo
rescue diver, just did #100 in Oman last weekend!! My friends told me it was supposed to be naked, but I decided against it. :D
Leaving here in a few months, looking forward to some Florida diving.

Cheers!! :sheik:

Tom

Back
Top Bottom