Non curvy woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,

Anybody have advice for specific harness, B/P & W for thin woman. 5’7” 115 lbs. Athletic but thin along waist (25 inch waist), and narrow hips and chest. I guess comparable to young teenage boy. Seem to be off many manufacturers specs.

I’m biased and hate BCs and looking for comfortable B/P.

Thanks!

Call Tobin at DSS. He makes several different sizes of backplates and would be more than happy to talk to you about what would best suit your needs. He goes by @cool_hardware52 here on Scubaboard. He offers a fantastic product.

I second @rsingler. If Eric has a Freedom Plate available I highly recommend it. I have the older version and love it. They really do “contour” to your back and sit right in the sweet spot. You can rig any version of harness to it. No limitations, from pure DIR to a comfort harness.

It sounds like you don’t have a lot of padding, so try the aluminum Freedom Contour Plate first, because it will “spare your spareribs” and you might not need the weight of steel.

You're not that short, so most of the standard style plates in a medium or narrow design will probably work just fine. They all disappear to a certain degree once you get in the water as long as it really fits within the confines of your back. But. If you want to try for that next level up the comfort ladder, then definitely get in touch with Eric for a chance at a Freedom Contour.

Thank you all for the input, it is truly appreciated.

I am very familiar with harnesses & BP&W. I first hand know how modular and form fitting it is. I know it will fit perfectly a 6'3 230 lb man and a 5'7 155 lb male.

My question is if anybody has first hand knowledge of a particular set up fitting well a woman with the dimensions I mentioned above (5'7" 115lbs and 25 inch waist). Preferably a padded harness. If you look at the manufacturer specs it often does not include this size. The set up is either for someone shorter or someone thicker.

So if there is anyone out there who has first hand seen a particular set up work well with an above average height thin woman please share. I'm not saying it does not exist...I believer it does. I would just love any first hand accounts.

Thanks!!

So if there is anyone out there who has first hand seen a particular set up work well with an above average height thin woman please share. I'm not saying it does not exist...I believer it does. I would just love any first hand accounts.

Thanks!!

Yes, I do. Like I said before, call Tobin at DSS. You can add padding to any harness webbing.

My son is 5' 7" and 105 lbs and he used a Zeagle Express Tech for his scuba instruction and it was easy to adjust it for him.

Back
Top Bottom